“No air conditioning.. 20 thousand sweaty stinky people...But the show was worth it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rexall Place

Rexall Place
Ranked #31 of 184 things to do in Edmonton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I took my son to Edmonton for his graduation as a surprise. I found excellent seats to a concert he wanted to go to soo bad. We got to Rexall right on time for the show but they started late so we had time to get drinks and apparel. The line up for a drink took one hour. Absolutely ridiculous!! The place was so hot I thought I was going to pass out. You can't bring even a bottle of water in so your forced to stand in line. By the time I got my drinks my clothing was sopping wet and stuck to my body. As was every single person there. It was terrible. This place is the only place big enough to host some of the acts we want to see in Alberta so we made the trip. I won't be doing that again. The show was absolutely amazing. They really know how to put on a great show. Thank you James and Lars. You were awesome!!

Collinsville, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Old time hockey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great fans, really good hockey venue. It's probably the most expensive NHL arena but the local area is expensive due to oil money. I loved the oil derrick that came down during the pregame hoopla.

Visited March 2013
Alberta, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“poorly run”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

It's not so much that Edmonton needs a new arena... It's that for expensive prices, you get the right to sit really tight, they have crumped more seats there than in charter flights... And then when you manage to get up and try to look for drinks - oh, they don't serve anything after 9:00pm. Hmm, who are the customers again?

Alberta, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The 2013 Brier”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Rexal Place was alright but the concessions were terrible. Even the Tim Hortons concession was lacking, all you could get there was coffee, tea, or hot chocolate!
The best part of our visit was watching the curling and the new friends we made.

Visited March 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I hate rexall place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

It's the most overpriced place in Edmonton, whether its an Oilers ticket, a rock concert ticket, or a hotdog from the concession stand. The owners are very greedy and don't even put money back into the arena.