“What the heck, they already included the tip!”
Review of Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe
Ranked #43 of 2,416 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edmonton, Canada
“What the heck, they already included the tip!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

What a bitter taste in my mouth! These people think they should already include the tip in the bill, before I decide how much the tip should be, they call it service charge. And this service charge works out to 18% of my actual order!!! Then if you're not paying attention, when you go to pay your bill, they are more than happy to let you add your own tip over an above the service charge. So when paying by credit card machine, it will ask you, do you want to tip yes or no. I think these people are crazy, and for that reason alone I will never return to this restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank richpor

• Polish first
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
“Will definitely go back!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant has a nice ambiance, was quite busy but didn't seem loud. Our waitress was Brianne; she was very attentive yet didn't seem to over-do it.

I had the hoisin short rib, not only was a beautiful work of art, it was also delicious!

I will definitely return sooner than later!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank AprilfromRocky
Athabasca, Canada
“Great food, great service, great location”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have always been a fan of the cactus club. This was my first visit to the downtown location and I was not disappointed. We walked in to a warm and inviting atmosphere and were greeted with warm friendly smiles immediately. We had made lunch reservations and were shown to our table. The service was excellent as well as the food. I had the Cajun chicken fajita and it was perfect. I recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone at either Edmonton location.

• Visited February 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Guaranteed Excellent Food on Every Visit”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I can't say enough about Cactus Club. Each time I go the food is excellent. My friend's favourite dish is Rob's Hunter Chicken - she orders it with mashed potatoes. My favourite entree is the Soy Dijon Salmon - a wonderfully healthy dish. You can always count on excellent service as well. The salads are healthy portions and are great for lunch.

• Visited January 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
“A Wonderful Dining Experience!!!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Went for dinner last night with my husband, daughter and son to celebrate a couple of birthdays. First of all, I just have to say the atmosphere and decor of the restaurant is really lovely. The staff are so friendly, and our waiter, Maxe, without a doubt, is the best server I have ever had. His charming personality and amazing service made our night really special. Thanks Maxe, and we hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again. The food was so delicious, beautifully presented, and very tasty. Also, a big thanks to the Manager for coming by to chat and for the birthday desserts on the house. What a nice touch! This is how a restaurant should be run, and I cannot say enough about the atmosphere, the service, and the food. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will definitely come back. Thanks to all at Cactus Club Cafe for a terrific night.
Barb, John, Dan, and Kelsey