“Nothing special”

Add it.
Pind Punjab Restaurant & Sweets
Ranked #1,875 of 2,640 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed August 11, 2017

My wife and I dined here for lunch at 12 noon. There were no other people dining but us. There was no buffet. We ordered the butter chicken, fish curry, kadai lamb, and butter naan. It took about 20 minutes for the food to arrive. Quantities were sufficient. Nice amount of heat with the kadai dish plentiful lamb. Fish spices were ok. The butter chicken sauce was tomato soup and cream very disappointing. Why bother making something that is not a traditional Indian dish if you can't make it properly?? Overall there was nothing that stood out just plain old Indian fare. Our search continues for an Indian restaurant that will impress us as it definitely is not this one.

Reviewed May 18, 2016

Best vegetable samosas in town, hands down. I bought 6 of them today and they were DELICIOUS! The spices were fresh. 2 of them is more than enough for lunch but you can't stop are 2 because they are so good.
I'll definitely go back.

Reviewed April 12, 2016

Tried the buffet recently. We liked it a lot. Many different dishes to choose from. Waiter explained what each was as we did not know exactly. Butter chicken was so tender. Rice, vegetable dishes, paneer etc. All were good and not too spicy. Came with naan bread. There was also salad and dessert. Under $20 per person.

Reviewed February 17, 2016

I had been wanting to try this place ever since it opened. I finally had plans that worked and went there with my partner for dinner. It was a week night, and we were the only people in the restaurant.

The service was friendly enough and our waiter engaged in conversation with us and talked about the menu. He came back and refilled water more than once and we didn't have to wait too long for our bill.

The food was okay. There was nothing really which stood out. The paneer was a little flavourless. The mango chicken had a bit more flavour but it didn't really impress. The main eating area was clean, I didn't use the washroom so I cannot comment on that.

I can't really say anything bad about the restaurant, but I can't really say anything great about it either. I think it will be awhile before I try it again.

1  Thank sslssg
Reviewed March 4, 2015 via mobile

Oh god food was horrible disaster..whole family went to pind Punjab were thinking we are near by Indian restaurant why not have dinner tonight here and we ordered kadhai chicken for us and cheese chilly for our mother because she's vegetarian but when we tested paneer it was no taste not even well cooked seemed like chop and served that vegetable ..not even that we said sorry we can't eat without any taste veggie can plz give our mother daal makhni and then they just put butter nothing else in daal makhni ..I didn't eat even half naan with kadhai chicken..we ruined our dinner as well as our evening because got home then 2people had vomitings..it was really bad experience ..they charged us high amount as well..plz kade pind Punjab try b karn di koshish na kareyo g..

1  Thank hampton i