“Fabulous food ... need reservations!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rge RD
Ranked #17 of 2,376 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fabulous food ... need reservations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

If you are looking for a restaurant that provides interesting food choices that are not so far out there you are afraid to try it...this is the place.

They definitely serve some items that you wouldn't see on other menus. Just try it and I promise you that you will enjoy it. They also serve very typical items with flair. The food is prepared and plated beautifully. The service is spot on. I asked for a wine suggestion and they served a lovely wine (can't remember what it was ... drank the whole bottle).

My mouth is watering thinking about this restaurant and i can hardly wait to go back.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank canadatravlr

Edmonton, Canada
“Happy to Support a Local Restaurant-Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Four of us had a great night out. Atmosphere is small and cosy, not too loud. Rustic charm.
Excellent menu choices. For appies we tried the large tomato salad, mussels (out of the shell!) and the cauliflower dish. Mains, coho salmon, beef, risotto and scallops/cod. All dishes had good presentation, tasted delicious and were filling. I will definitely return.
Service was excellent, knowledgeable.
As it is new and popular, a reservation must be made in advance. Dinner for four including the above and two bottles of wine and tip was just under $400.

Edmonton, Canada
“EXCELLENT FOOD & EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

My wife and I decided to try this restaurant based on a recommendation by our daughter. The restaurant is small, sharing a small building with several other businesses. Parking was tight, but we were able to park very close in the attached lot. We were promptly greeted and shown to our table. Our server, Graham, was excellent. He knew the menu in complete detail and was able to make recommendations about the food and wine that were right on the money. We shared the edible garden and perogy appetizers, both of which were excellent. My wife had the scallops and pickerel dish, which was excellent. I had the bison for my main course. Many restaurants offer bison, but do not know how to cook it properly. Rge Road does. The bison was perfectly cooked and presented. Melted in my mouth!! We had the chocolate s'mores for dessert on Graham's recommendation, and they did not disappoint. Overall, one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in in Edmonton. Very highly recommended for a special occasion!!

Edmonton, Canada
“One of the better restaurants in the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

We enjoyed our time here. The service was pretty good and the food was excellent. As the restaurant is a bit small I would highly recommend making a reservation in advance. It can be tough if not impossible to get in the day of.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Edmonton, Canada
“Enjoyable spot - unique”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

I liked the interesting menu options. The waiters were well-versed in the food and the restaurant does some unique events like parking lot farmers market and wine/food pairing meals. Can be a bit tough to get a reservation. I'm unsure how I feel about the decore - like an upscale restaurant trying to have a country feel (to match the name), and it felt a little confusing to me. But lovely experience and would eat there again.

Visited August 2014