“Very disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have been going to Delux in McGrath from the beginning. We first noticed there was no change table for infants in either bathroom... At first we chalked it up to being a new restaurant. Upon our last visit we found out the management/owners are NEVER planning to equip either bathroom with change tables for infants. Furthermore, upon asking we were told that they were (how did they phrase it)... "Not appealing to that market". So I refused to change my infant son on the floor of the bathroom and used a vacant booth instead... How sanitary is that!

Not appealing to that market... Well why do they have high chairs and did they check the demographic of the area around them. It is full of you young professionals with infants and children.

The food and service was good but for the price I am paying to eat there, I shouldn't have to change my sons diaper on the floor or on a booth! I encourage others with infants to write a complaint and avoid the Century Group of restaurants!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Edmonton, Canada
“Terrible Service, Mediocre Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Came here for dinner with another family on a Saturday night around 8pm. There were 6 of us. The restaurant was only half full. We were seated right away - but that's when the "good" stopped. The service we had was TERRIBLE!!! After we ordered, we waited 35 minutes and still no appetizers. When my husband asked our server what was taking so long, she looked at us with a blank face, no answer, and made us feel like we were weird for asking. The first appetizer came out at the 45 min mark. All in all, it took us more than 2 hours to have burgers! It was ridiculous. On top of that, we had to constantly find our server to get our water glasses topped up. The restaurant was not busy, so I don't understand why our server was never around and why it took the kitchen so long to make the food.

The food was ok when it finally came out. It was burgers and fries, nothing special. The beet salad was tasty, as was the popcorn shrimp. It wasn't cheap but I guess it was the going rate for "specialty burgers". We have been to the west end location of this chain before and we knew the type of food to expect and we got what we were expecting.

I'm writing this review not to complain about the food or the price. We knew what we were getting and they delivered on that account. I'm writing this review in the hopes that management would see this and really work on their servers and their "service"!

• Visited July 2013