“Very Impressed”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Found out about this place when we saw them at the Rocky Mountain Wine and Beer Festival handing out samples. Sample was great so thought what the heck let's try it. I ordered the 1/2 chicken and 1/2 rib combo. Both were delicious and very filling as I had to take part of it home - large portions. MY girlfriend has the brisket which was also amazing. Great flavours and great seasoning. Wine list is just ok but this isn't a wine bar so you take what you get. Nice selection of beer though. As someone else said in a previous post ... I had the meat sweats!!! Make sure you make a reservation. We didn't and had to sit at the bar which isn't the end of the world. Service was quite good, atmopshere was perfect for this type of place. All in all we loved it and will be going back for sure. Great job Sloppy Hogs!!!

1  Thank Rod R
There are newer reviews for Sloppy Hoggs Roed Hus

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Great appetizers, great ribs, great brisket, great Mac and cheese and a great dessert. The hostess was very friendly. It can't get better for BBQ. I have eaten at several BBQ in the US and this place tops them.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I wanted to take my group at work for lunch and do something different. Sloppy Hogs was the answer. It turned out to be a feast of awesomeness. I had the jambalaya and it was an explosion of flavour. It was Devine. Others in our group had the pulled pork, chicken sandwich, nacho's that were incredible and side Caesar salads, which were also good. All in all, the food was fantastic. There are so many things on the menu I wanted to try, I will have to go back a few times. That is going to be awesome. Highly recommend. By the way, 5 of us ate like savages for $80.00. Not bad at all!

1  Thank Ed R
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice to see bbq in Edmonton but quality is not there. Rib where hell dry first time I ate there and masive 3 meat burger I tried next time had to be dismantled to eat. The insides were tasty.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine told me about this place - never heard of it before - which is weird because it is walking distance from work. Great service, & food!! A great friend/co worker & I went. Can't wait to go back!!!! I had the roed hus road kill - very good, but I didn't like the pork butt on it (too fatty). I can't wait to go back & try more. My friend had the pulled pork sandwich - she liked it too.

2  Thank Corimarnell