“Outstanding South Indian Cuisine”

Kathir Food Experience
Ranked #437 of 2,424 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Edmonton, Canada
“Outstanding South Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant for the past couple years and I've always found it to be outstanding (food, service and price). With the acquisition of the property next door, what started out to be a very small restaurant has now doubled in seating capacity and I am thrilled for these restaurateurs success.

Sometimes I eat in and others I take it to go but I am always pleased with what I get. The dosa (I usually order the paneer masala dosa) and sambar are the best I've ever had and the taste is always consistently excellent. The vada make for a wonderful light meal served with sambar so give that a try - again, always delicious.

On Sunday, they offer an appa special and you can choose to add either chicken or mutton stew. Try this - it's also very delicious.

So, if nothing else, know this - people regularly drive over three hours (Calgary to Edmonton) just to dine at this restaurant - that must mean something.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank TravlinGerl

edmonton
“good south indian food”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

i used liked their dosa 6 months back but got disappointed when went again . I did not like that they charge extra for sambhar.:( please fix quality !!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank food e
Edmonton, Canada
“Good South Indian Food”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We went there for lunch and the place was buzzing. They have lunch platters for around $10 which includes 3 vegetables 1/2 cup portions, 1 non-veg dish (about a cup full), 1 paratha, good portion of rice, papadum, some chutney & a Gulab Jambu. The service was very efficient & the decor is average. There are a lot of dishes on the menu & a few Sri Lankan dishes as well. You gottta give it a try.

• Visited November 2012