“Definitely a splurge”
Review of XIX Nineteen

XIX Nineteen
Reserve with OpenTable
XIX Nineteen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,503 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mullen Way and Rabbit Hill Road
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We recently visited our son and daughter-in-law in Edmonton who had made reservations for us at XIX as it is within walking distance of their new home and they had thoroughly enjoyed their first visit there with our daughter-in-law's family. The decor is attractive, service was friendly, professional and efficient, and the food was very good. However, we (the "treaters") felt that it was a bit pricey. While it's true that we saved money by walking to XIX, I most appreciate a splurge when it's in an interesting, lively area which XIX definitely is not. Still we all left satiated after a meal that we had all enjoyed. On my next visit, I think I would order the muscles and fries, which were exceptionally good and quite filling, as my main with a starter sized salad.

There are newer reviews for XIX Nineteen

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Fine dining has come to the far south side. Finally! Service and food was excellent on our recent visit. We were a group of 12 and everyone enjoyed their meals. Reservations are a must because the word is out!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place had a reputation as good, so we booked weeks in advance (as is required if you want to dine in the restaurant). We enjoyed quality food, good service and reasonably priced (upper end for Edmonton). It was a bit noisy. One trick is that if you don't want to wait to try it, you can go into the bar and order off the main menu.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

hey, the scallops were cooked perfectly, the pork shank was tender and tasty, the deserts were huge (SHARE!) the bread pudding was up to par. I liked it, my Aunt and Uncle thought our server was ridiculously snobby so it was a bit of a downer on that end, I thought she was just thouroughly knowledgeble and not quite socialized enough to express her self in a non offensive way...Ok so maybe snobby is accurate, but better than bad or cranky...
It was over priced, It was nice inside, in that "new age way" I guess if you live in that end of edmonton it would be your style, worth a try. I'd rather try somewhere new going back to edmonton, but in terms of it not being OJ's or Boston Pizza and still in the Suburbs, I was quite satisfied...

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went with a group and had tried several dishes. Highlights: The tuna twist, Sea Bass and short rib. Low lights: mushy pasta, the loud music, long wait for service, the high cost.

It's crazy that people keep coming back. The food is good but for those prices it should be outstanding.

1  Thank Manyfreckles