“Very nice Hotel indeed!”

Chateau Nova Yellowhead
Ranked #33 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I decided to stay at this Hotel after having problems with a lot of the Hotels in the west-end of Edmonton (Families with young kids). After entering my room, I was amazed at the how roomy it was and how everything was laid out. My room was stocked with a microwave, coffee pot, toaster, kettle, and cutlery. The bath tub was a little small, but the shower head was placed perfectly for my height (5'11"). The room was very clean, and the bed was... amazing. I don't stay in a lot of hotels, but if I were to stay in Edmonton again, this Hotel would continue to receive my business. The Internet speeds are more than adequate (Telus FTTP), and the traffic noise isn't all that bad. You are staying close to Highway 16 which can be noisy at certain times of the day, but it's a compromise that can be lived with. The Bonaventure restaurant features fine dining at comparable prices to some of the big name restaurants in the city. Others complain that the prices are high, but I think they need to re-evaluate the cost vs the quality of this restaurant. The 8 oz steak was one of the best that I've had in Edmonton. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Chateau Nova Yellowhead, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank-you for your review.
We are pleased to hear that you had a nice comfortable stay with us and were also able to enjoy our restaurant.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Sincerely - Mindy Smythe

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The best thing that happened to me at this hotel (i am being sarcastic) it is the profiling. As I was getting into the elevator, the security guard asked me if I was a guest of the hotel. What a weird question.
The hotel is difficult to get to and there re no restaurants around except the pne at he hotel and Arbys on the other side or McDonald.
If you do not know the area you will be lost before arriving to this hotel.
It is new , but the location is not the awesomest.
It is clean, it has a fridge, a microwave, cuttlery, etc. For this I can say they did well.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 231 as it is close to elevator, vending machines and people talking loudly. But...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank-you for your review.
We appreciate your feedback and will look into ways to improve on the items you noted for future guests stays.
All the best - Mindy Smythe

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Ended up in NW Edmonton on business and seen this hotel on TripAdvisor, so pulled in and walked in for a room. I had seen an online coupon to book the hotel for 110bucks for a night, so asked at the front desk for a rate. The desk quoted 129 bucks for a room, and suggested we use the hotels wifi and book through that site online, then check in. I thought that was odd that they couldnt just match the price, but it was no big deal.

We sat in the lobby, booked the room online, then checked in 2 min later. Room was 10 to 20 bucks cheaper that any of the cheapest hotel in Edmonton and much nicer than the average hotel, so for the price it was a massive deal.

The lobby was large, modern, fancy rock fireplace, etc. Lots of parking outside of the hotel. The front desk staff was attractive ladies who were polite and helpful (much better than 95% of the hotels I have stayed at in the past couple years), compared to the last few hotels I have stayed at where the desk staff had only been in the country for a month, it is nice to have local people working and interfacing with the customers.

The room was like new, very nicely furnished, plush bedding, awesome bathroom with a large shower instead of a tub. The hallways were very wide and nicely decorated, this is something which stood out as different than most other hotels.

We ordered pizza from a local take out place, did not try the hotel restaurant, so cant comment on that.

The wifi was a bit weak, probably the only thing I can really complain about.

The room was the quietest hotelroom I have ever stayed in, ever. I have to say it sure was nice not to listen to tons of hall way noise, slamming doors, and kids running up and down the halls all night. I think this atmosphere really helped to make the experience.

Overall, i would have to rate this place on of the top hotels I have ever stayed at in North America for the value and the quality. I have been in others where the service was remarkable, but they always cost 4x the amount this place did.

I will stay here again next time I visit Edmonton for certain.

Room Tip: the rooms were great, cant say that there would be any bad ones from what i seen, maybe ask for high...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert B
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Chateau Nova Yellowhead, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank-you for your review.
It is always great to see such a thorough review of our property and services.
We wish you many safe travels in the future and look forward to welcoming you back to Nova Hotels once more.
Sincerely - Mindy Smythe

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Made reservations for this hotel months ago for a long journey. Was concerned when we arrived in the area and to the location but once you are on hotel property concerns leave. Room was nice, shower, no tub, beds were okay but pillows were heavy and hard. Everything was clean and front desk helpful. Lobby was beautiful and nice to have the resturant on site. No Television listing made watching TV a challange but managable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Chateau Nova Yellowhead, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank-you for your review.
We are always happy to receive guest feedback as it allows us to grow in our customer service standards.
Just as a note for any future stays with us, we offer rooms with both a stand alone shower and those with a tub shower surround, so that we can meet all guests needs, and would be pleased to offer you your preference in this regard.
All the best - Mindy Smythe

Reviewed July 24, 2013

By the time we arrived at 2 in the morning all we did was go to our rooms. They were tastfully decorated and the hotel was close to where we wanted to be the next day. The bed was very comfortable (Simmons® Dreamscape bed) and the sheets were amazingly soft. This hotel is very close to where the Edmonton Indy is held. They have free high speed internet access,local phone calls and cable TV. Rooms are air conditioned with small refrigerator, complimentary in-room coffee and tea services, Hairdryer and Iron

Unfortunately we did not have time to try out the restaurant or any of the other facilities but I would definitely stay there again and hopefully have time to use the fitness room. The only drawback is that it is in an industrial area (just off the Yellowhead Highway). The rooms were soundproof enough that you never heard anything.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Chateau Nova Yellowhead, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank-you kindly for your review.
We always appreciate hearing we are meeting guests needs.
All the best -Mindy Smythe

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night and where impressed by how comfortable the room was. The bed was very comfortable and the decor looked updated and new. The food is fantastic in the restaurant, and the staff where very courteous.

This is a great hotel if you need to be on Kingsway for the hospital, or shopping and is extremely close to the Yellowhead. I plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daphne W
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a group function here back in April. Our meeting room was more than adequate, set up with numerous tables configured as requested. The hotel still has the 'new building' smell to it. Nice facilities. The prime rib dinner buffet was a great value with good selection of prime rib, pork, chicken pasta and greek salad, amongst other dishes and good dessert selection. Most of our group chose the buffet over ordering directly off the menu. The restaurant was all prepared to seat our group of 30+ people as soon as we were finished our formal function in the meeting room so we had minimal waiting time before eating. Very organized.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sylvia L
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Chateau Nova Yellowhead, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank-you very much for your great review.
We are always pleased to hear our staff are doing a fantastic job of not only meeting but exceeding our guests expectations.
We will look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
All the Best to you. Sincerely Mindy Smythe