“Interesting place for a non vegetarian”

Noorish Conscious Eatery and Superfood Elixir Bar
Ranked #61 of 2,424 Restaurants in Edmonton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 10973 76 Ave
Transit: There is a bus stop right out front of noorish travelling both north and south on 109 st.
“Interesting place for a non vegetarian”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Well I'm not a vegan or vegetarian by any means but I'd have to say the food was amazing! I had the veggie burger and it was very different but good. Takes awhile to figure out the menu cause most of the stuff you definitely don't eat every day.

Visited March 2013

Canada
“You will not find another restaurant like this in Edmonton”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I can't eat any dairy due to allergies, and I don't do unfermented soy and like to stay away from gluten if possible. I also love natural/organic foods and fermented drinks. So..... it just so happens that this place caters to ALL of this and more. If you aren't used to this kind of food, try to go in with a more open mind because the person I was 10 yrs ago would NOT appreciate this food in the way I do now. The hot drinks are great, you can boost up your beer with a tincture, the desserts are great, and they have good kids meals. I think this place is achieving its goal. They also sell some really cool foods, supplements and a few things like jewellery in the back.

Only thing: nuts are used, especially cashews for cream bases made. So if you have some stong allergies to nuts, it may be a bit risky eating here.

For the person who rated this place as inexperienced... so what? McDonald's is very experienced, what does that get you? The quality here far surpasses anything you could get at any chain restaurant in the city and even many independent restaurants as well.

• Visited February 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Pretentious & inexperienced. Skip this one!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This restaurant is pretentious, inflexible, unable and unwilling to accommodate or think on their feet enough to modify any dish on their menu for an allergy. It shows lack of experience, and poor customer service.

We called this restaurant before going to it to confirm that they could accommodate my allergy. The women (manager??) said that it wouldn't be a problem at all. So we drove across Edmonton to try this restaurant, arriving around 2:00 pm on a Sunday (she told us to come around that time). The restaurant was empty when we arrived.

We were seated and ordered a drink and our lunch. The waitress soon returned stating that they would not be able to accommodate my allergy with that dish. After much back and forth, it soon it became clear that they could not accommodate my allergy at all!

I’ve been an organic vegan for over 34 years -with an allium allergy. My meat-eating boyfriend and I eat out regularly -mostly fine dining restaurants. I am constantly surprised at how these upscale ‘meat-based’ restaurants are able to accommodate my vegan diet and allergy, BETTER than these new “trendy” vegetarian restaurants‼ Vegetarian restaurants are all about alternative eating‼

Very poor customer service, disorganized and inexperienced in the kitchen. There are much better vegetarian restaurants, don't waste your time here... try The COUP in Calgary, or Rebar in Victoria.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Alberta C
Edmonton, Canada
“Service friendly but so very slow”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We have been meaning to try Noorish for a while and finally made it there last night. We were concerned that the service would be bad after reading so many negative reviews. I have to say every one we dealt with was pleasant; the problem was that we did not see much of them. It took about 20 minutes for our order to be taken, and another 35 minutes for the food to arrive. Our order was not elaborate - the curry bowl and the burger. No one refilled our water or came by while we were eating to ask if our food was alright. After plates were taken away, we sat for at least 20 minutes and no one even thought to bring a bill or to ask if we were interested in dessert. We eventually had to hunt a waitress down - not ours because she was no where to be seen. The food was good, especially the quinoa salad, but not the best vegetarian I've had. We won't be in a hurry to go back.

Edmonton, Canada
“Give me your recipes, please”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My experience with vegan/vegetarian restaurants is fairly limited, but this is the best one I have been to. Warm and cosy atmosphere, friendly staff. Looks to be busy most of the time, so reservation is a good idea.
We had: macaroni and 'cheese', a vegan burger, pizza, Virtuous Vegan Caesar salad, Whirling Dervish Quinoa salad, Mindfully Massaged Kale salad. Everyone was impressed with their dishes, with the exception of the pizza. The salads were especially well spiced. I usually do not like the bitterness of kale, but this salad was great.
There were a lot of items on the menu that I would like to try on a return visit. The bar specializes in elixers, tonics, and power shots.

• Visited January 2013