“Old Italy Flavours”

Normand's Bistro
Ranked #452 of 2,393 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Canadian, French, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the Citadel Theatre, short walking distance to Winspear, Alberta Art Gallery, Westin Hotel, Shaw Conference Center, Churchill Square, City Hall, Public Libray, Canada Place and new Museum. Close to Roger's Place and much more .Daily lunch specials, happy hour 4-6pm, catering within the Citadel Theatre building. Large space for many different events and celebrations.
“Old Italy Flavours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Polenta vegetable lasagna was a terrific treat! I was famished after my 10hr shift I had worked and was exhausted, I wanted to eat but wanted a meal just like someone would make at home for me and thought I would try Normands. I had never really thought that the chef at this restaurant could duplicate the aromas, flavours of old Italy. The olive was so fresh I wanted to ask the chef if he had made the olive oil himself in Italy and brought it over in his suitcase. I have not had such an authentic tasting Italian dish in years! The piping hot bubbling home style cheesy dish with chopped broccoli, tomatoes etc... I highly recommend for those who yearn for authentic flavours. this dish was enlighten your evening. I took a step into old Italy and could smell the aromas of family dinners wafting out the windows as I walked down the cobble streets of Rome, or Milan. I congratulate the chef, he will have a successful career ahead as I normally eat only half a serving, but I could not stop eating this amazing dish, every bite was heavenly. Next time I will have dessert. I like the atmosphere, the waitress was intuitive and nice.

• Visited August 2013

Edmonton, Alberta
“No surprise it was delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Three of us went out to celebrate a birthday dinner on a Wednesday night, and we tried out Normand's bistro.. thinking it was be as good as Normand's Restaurant. Well, we were right! It was terrific. Roasted Lamb Shank Osso Bucco was delicious and so were the Braised Beef Short Ribs. The mashed potatoes were amazing and the vegetables cooked to perfection. Our server appeared to be on her own, as it was relatively slow, but she was hopping and kept a very cheerful disposition. A couple of us split the strawberry cheesecake in a jar, and it was epic! Oh, and they have happy hour if you work in the area for a cocktail and a bite after work.

• Visited August 2013
St. Albert, Canada
“Great for Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Being fans of Normand's on 117th and the Glenora Bistro, we made a reservation for Fathers' Day brunch. We were pleased that they would take a reservation, as many of our favourite Edmonton brunch places won't and you have to line up. The service and the food was in keeping with Normand's standards, that is, excellent. The menu was a great combination of breakfast and lunch selections. We were six adults and three children under five, so our server was very patient and helpful under the circumstances. My eggs benedict were perfect with hollandaise made from scratch (so many places now serve "package" hollandaise) and my wife had the butternut squash soup and the quiche which she said was delicious. We wanted to post this review since so many Edmontonians don't think of driving downtown on the weekend for brunch. Normand's Bistro should be given consideration.

• Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
“No for business lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were a group of five from a conference next door at the Westin. We arrived just after noon. Waiter surprised that we did not have a reservation. We did not mention that we were working and not out for a leisurely lunch. We had simple orders, soups, quiches and salads. The person with the salad-quiche combo received his salad. Thirty minutes later I was still waiting for my salad. I left, end of story.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank cassis123
Edmonton
“Lots of alternatives for GOOD food & service nearby - go elsewhere!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Had appy's, dessert with a friend before a concert at the Winspear. Restaurant was half full but Took quite a while for the server to come by. She was either having a very bad day or is in the wrong line of work - haughty attitude combined with total indifference to customers didn't work for me. I ordered a spinach salad that should have been sent to the compost a day or two previously. Several days previously for the half rotten tomato! Seriously! My friend had a piece of chocolate cake which got points for appearance but not for taste - she left it mostly uneaten. Server didn't question why our food was only half eaten when she took our plates.
We had planned to have a glass of wine but $13.00 a glass for an average wine, when the bottle may well have been opened days in advance? Went with beer and water instead.
I was happy when I arrived, bordering on cranky when I left. Fortunately the music pumped me right back up again!

• Visited April 2013