All reviewswhite spotunderground parkingwhitespot restaurantspg memberrestaurant attachedcomplimentary coffeesouth commonsnice hotelgift cardfront desk staffpool and hot tubclean roomsmini fridgewould stay here againa great place to stayflat screenking room
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in a 2 queen beds room. The room was clean and spacious with a mini-fridge, microwave and safe. The bathroom was typical. I would like to mention that shampoo, conditionner and body wash are available in dispensers in the shower but one of the dispensers had leaked and so the bottom of the shower was very slippery when wet. The room temperature was well controlled and we enjoyed being able to open the window. The bed was comfortable and the hotel quiet. The hotel is close to a train track but the train does not go by very often (maybe twice a day). We also used the gym and although equipement consist mainly of two treadmills, two elliptical and one bike along with free weights, we had no problems getting access to the machines. The hotel is also nicely located within walking distance of a Starbucks, Second Cup, restaurants and pharmacies. A short drive provides shopping and more restaurants. Attached to the hotel is The White Spot which we enjoyed every morning for breakfast and once for dinner. We would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for two night's over the weekend. We checked in at 11pm after being out at a friends house and they were very accommodating. We were in our room within minutes of arriving, which was very clean and nice. The beds were very comfy and tons of pillows were provided. The room had a large flat screen television with HD channels which was a very nice touch. It would have been nice to have a continental breakfast, but there was a restaurant attached to the hotel that would have been good for food. The room was incredibly clean and the cleaning staff didn't come early and wake you up.

The hotel also had underground parking, which my girlfriend was very fond of. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Edmonton!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind review in regards to your recent stay. On behalf of the entire team at Four Points Edmonton Gateway - we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very nice, newer hotel with up to date, modern furnishings. Located near the airport, I think, because I saw lots of planes but was never bothered by them and didn't notice any noise at all. Also located close to a huge shopping district with every store imaginable and lots of nice eating establishments.

Front desk staff were very professional and accommodating. We experienced one small issue during our stay. We had been out all day and upon returning realized our room had not been made up. We were tired and wanted to relax but decided we would go to the pool, stopping first at the front desk to explain, and ask that our room be cleaned ASAP. The nice gentleman on the desk was apologetic and suggested we go to the restaurant located within the hotel and order anything we wanted to pass the time while our room was being made up!! WOW! Now that's what I call service!

We were very impressed with the room, pool and service provided during our stay at this hotel. We will definitely stay here during any future trips to Edmonton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience with Four Points Edmonton Gateway. Take care!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

In Early June 2013 I selected this hotel for my business trip to Alberta Canada. It was a very good hotel. The staff was very helpful. They even changed my US dollars for Canadian dollars straight up! The exchange rate is not exactly 1:1 but the fact that the desk manager just "did it" for my $40 was very accommodating. The room was very nice, just like the pix on TA here. There is a nice restaurant attached to the hotel. Also there are very good restaurant and sundry retail needs very nearby. My business in Alberta took me over 100 miles to the East to Lloyd-minster. So my selection of a hotel in Edmonton was not that important from a location stand point. It is close to the airport, clean and convenient.

Room Tip: Way down the hall far from the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Looking for a weekend getaway for the family, we booked three rooms at the Sheraton in mid June. We were enamoured by the nightly rate, coupled with the fact that the hotel is modern and conveniently located.

We found this to be true when we arrived. The hotel is located just off the QEII, minutes north of the Edmonton International Airport. A movie theatre, shopping and restaurants are less than five minutes North at the South Edmonton Commons commercial area, however, the fare at the on-site White Spot is also convenient, priced well and is tasty.

The lobby at the hotel is expansive, modern and clean, whereas the complimentary tea, coffee, and lemon water is an added plus. A large fireplace adorned with dark wood panelling is inviting too.

The theme continues into the guest rooms, and save for the vinyl wrapped particle board (read cheap) furniture, the bed was comfortable, and the couch in the sitting area of our king room made for a good place to use the complimentary wi-fi.

I was hard pressed to find faults with this hotel, however, if I was asked, I would have to complain about the peeling drywall in the bathroom (unacceptable for a new hotel), as well as the lack of a sufficient number of bath towels in the room. The cheap accoutrements are not really a complaint, but more of an observation.

Overall, this is an above average place to stay, however cross shop competitive hotels in the vicinity before booking.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family