“Good Business Hotel...”

Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway
Ranked #24 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed for a reasonable price (around 119 + tax) Location is sort of in the middle of nowhere... Halfway between the Airport and Edmonton's downtown. The hotel is brand new. The front-office staff is very helpful. The hotel has ample parking and has upgraded me both times I've stayed there.

I would stay here to catch an early morning flight at YEG and don't want to drive all the way down to Nisku for a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
fjanmohamed, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

On behalf of the team here at the hotel, we thank you for your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton Gateway

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We recenty stayed at the Four Points Sheraton Gateway, Edmonton. We stayed for 4 nights. I had booked online through Booking.com and when we arrived we were offered to join the Starwook Preferred Guest programn and they would upgrade our room selection. I had booked a room with King bed, and we were upgraded to a king suite.
The room was very comfortable, with a sitting area, comprising of a pull out couch and easy chair. There was also an armoir that held a fridge, microwave and safe. There were 2 large flat screen TV's one in each area of the suite.
As we were in town for a death in the family it was nice to have the larger room, where we could relax without being on the bed.
There was a coffe maker, however the was very limited creamer and sugar packets. There were only 2 of each. Had we wanted a decaff or tea in the evening there would not have been enough for morning. I asked the maid one afternoon for extra, but by the next day, they had been removed and only two of each remained. There was also nothing to stir the drink with.
Also I expected a hotel of this calibre to provide terry dressing gowns for lounging in the room in. There wasn't any in the closet.
The airconditioner was very drafty, Being Edmontom in the winter, it was quite chilly and I had to cover it with a bath towel.
The bed was very comforable, the bedding of good quality and the pillows comfortable.
There is a restaurant connected to the hotel, a White Spot. we ate there for 2 dinners and a breakfast, and found the food to be excellent, and the service very good.
This was an unexpected trip, but if I were going to Edmonton again, I would certainly book this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Edmonton_mamma

Dear Valued Guest:

We ceratinly appreciate your feedback and will share this with our team to ensure we get this rectified.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. I accidentally booked at the other Four Points in Edmonton and when I arrived at this hotel, the front desk staff was very helpful, amended my reservation, and even honoured the same rate.

Clean, modern, room was large and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean and spacious.

If I had to complain about something, I'd say the fan motor on the in-room fridge was a little noisy.

Location is good if you're planning to be on the south side.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback regarding the noise from the in-room fridge. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Four points Hotel in Edmonton is a gem. It is new, sparkling clean and has terrific architecture and design. The attention to detail is incredible. The room that I had was quiet and very comfortable. The Manager who checked me in was just fantastic very knowledgeable. And so was his brother. The staff and management will do everything to make you happy.
Complimentary heated underground parking is always nice.

Best hotel for the business trip.

Room Tip: As an SPG gold member i got an upgrade. I will recommend higher floor.
1  Thank Bill S

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your acknowledgement for our director of operations and the front desk associate.

We will certainly share your comments with them.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently stayed (Jan.5) at the property for one night in a room with 2 queen beds on the 7th flloor (8 in total).

The room came with everything you needed (safe, microwave, fridge, flat screen tv). The beds at Sheratons are one the most comfortable beds you will ever sleep in! The bathroom was larger than expected with a full glass shower...even the kids commented on how big it was. The room even included 2 free bottles of water....pretty minor detail but it was appreciated. The kids had a blast in the pool and there was also a gym, but we didn't use this area. The hotel was also connected to a White Spot, but we never had the opportunity to try it.

The hotel was easily accessed just off of QE2 and just down the street from various stores such as Tim Hortons, Save On, etc.

The only issue that I had with the property was that the 2 staff they had at check-in were less than enthused to be there. There was no recognition that I was SPG member and they both seemed to care less to be working. Don't get me wrong, they were not rude, but compared to the numerous outstanding experiences at the Sheraton Eau Claire (Calgary), I expected more.

I might stay at the property again because of the Sheraton name and because I know that the beds are super comfortable....but if it was based on the staff, I would choose elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your feedback regarding your check-in experience.

We certainly appreciate the feedback and will share this with our associates.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I recently stayed here for 1 night as a SPG Platinum.

First off, as an example of the Four Points chain, it is excellent. And, compared to other hotels in it's class, it's well above average.

Location
It's in a newly developed part of town with a couple of other hotels right beside it (Sandman, Hampton Inn, and one more). This area and its' hotels are considered the closest to the airport (until the airport hotel opens) but it's still 20 min from the airport. However, as I was only there for 1 night, I didn't mind the location.

Check-in
The front desk agent was very helpful. I wasn't provided a suite (as a Plat) but I'm not sure if this hotel has any. According to the room plan behind the door, it seems I received one of the larger rooms. The process went well enough and I asked for the Plat free continental breakfast benefit.

Room
The room is very clean. One thing about these 4 Points is that the LAN connection on the desk is never used. Rather, there is a separate LAN cable coming from the wall. Problem is, in my room, someone had pulled out the cable and left it behind the desk. It took me a good 10 min or so to realize that. However, once you're running on a wired network, the speeds are fine.

The bathroom is pretty spacious and I have no complaints there. I must give kudos to the hotel for installing the Heavenly Shower. Too many hotels are using the super eco-friendly shower heads resulting in a poor stream of water that resembles watering flowers. I was a little surprised to see the Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Soap dispenser attached to the shower wall. I know other 4 Points hotels still use the separate bottles.

The bed is comfortable and there's a separate sitting area. There's a mini-fridge and microwave in the room. I was also surprised to see an in-room safe as not all 4 Points hotels have them. There was a very useful hook thingy for coats by the door and an smaller hook thingy to hang keys. I thought that was pretty useful.

White Spot
At first, I tried going to Chop (in the Sandman) but being -12C outside and snowing, I immediately took a detour for the White Spot after a few steps. For dinner, I had the steak. It was pretty "meh" and a bit uninspired.

For breakfast, the Plat continental breakfast is worth $10 off the menu. I ordered the full breakfast. This was much better than dinner but how can you screw up eggs, bacon, and sausage? One interesting note was that their hash browns was really a smushed up potato. Maybe it's an Alberta thing? I've never seen hash browns like that. Service, for both breakfast and dinner, was very good.

By the elevators in the morning, there's free coffee - although I didn't help myself to any.

Final Verdict
Would I return? Yes! Would return if I had meetings downtown. I'm not sure, but it's way better than the Westin Edmonton. There is good Plat recognition and the $10 credit for breakfast counts for a lot. Overall, this hotel is a fine example of an over-achieving 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Braindrain
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This hotel met all of my expectations. The service was fantastic and the staff were all trained to meet SPG standards. My room was very clean and new. The hotel is a new property and easy to find if you are coming in from Calgary for business like myself. The white spot restaurant was excellent. I had dinner and breakfast there and was quite pleased with the food and service. I stayed only one night but plan to stay there every time I am in town for business this year which is about 20 days a year.

• Stayed: November 2012