“Nice enough”

Ranked #6 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Vancuver, Canada
“Nice enough”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel had a great location to West Edmonton Mall and the company I was visiting. Unfortunately the fire alarm went off at 1:00am and we were not allowed back to our rooms until 2:00am, then there were issues with alarm still sounding - didn't really get much sleep. The hotel itself is in excellent condition, staff were extremely pleasant and breakfast was very good - lots of options and good quality. Great TV with a ton of channel options. The free "wireless" is not great, if you plan on streaming video or skyping with anyone upgrade to the premium wifi service. I would stay here again and hopefully this time there will be no fire alarm!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the product and customer service provided to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Michael Sieger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Easy check-in, exceptionally friendly staff and I received an upgrade to a room with a king size bed! The room was very nice and the bed was so comfortable. The bed has a dial to set it firmly or softly to your comfort level! The hotel has a restaurant and a bar, with outdoor seating, is near shopping and easily accessible! The only negative for me is the restaurant only offers a buffet or some continental type breakfasts but not the opportunity to have a made to order breakfast so I went down the street.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your review of us. It would appear though that we did not explain our breakfast offering to you. Our restaurant is in fact a made-to-order buffet. Essentially we are able to make whatever you request from eggs bennie to omelets in addition to you being able to visit the buffet stations. I hope you have a chance to return to us to experience our unique breakfast.

Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stay at this hotel everytime I am in Edmonton on business, the staff have gotten to know me personally and great me with my first name everytime. The mornig restaurant staff take the time to talk to me and make me feel welcome there.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

England
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and the hotel is a stone throw away from the massive mall that has everything from a swimming pool to a theme park! Staff very friendly and helpful. Bar staff very knowledgeable on all drinks from lager to whisky. Hot breakfast cooked to order and buffet for fruit, cereal and breads etc. Big comfy bed and large bathroom.... nothing I could fault and would recommend to anyone to stay here!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your kind words, we love to hear that we have done well when seasoned travellers such as yourselves share a positive review with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Thank you for visiting Edmonton You Can Count On Us!
calgary
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I just got home from a weekend trip with my sister. I am not a coffee person and put a bottle of diet coke in the fridge. In the morning it was frozen solid. I went to the hotel store only to find it was a pepsi hotel. The young man behind the counter said sometimes we have some in the back for special events when people request it. He went to look and couldn't find any. I told him thanks for looking, and that my room fridge needed to be turned down as my pop froze. He was mortified. He said "our fridge".....what other fridge it could have been I don't know....I thought it was funny....so I went to my room to finish packing to leave. 15 minutes later that same young man was at my door with a 12 pk of diet coke and 2 glasses with ice. He apologized that the pop was warm and that was why he brought the ice. I was amazed, he was so polite and gracious, expecting me to take the 12 pk. I told him I'd take just 1 and that he could leave it in the back for others like me, who prefer coke over pepsi. He insisted I take 2 and apologized again and was on his way. My experience at the hotel was already a very positive one, I (loved being able to smell the laundry soap on the duvet/sheets, and the water pressure was amazing in the shower....but this young man just made it all the better. They are lucky to have him and I would definitely stay here again.(didn't use the spa or have breakfast there, but it sure smelled good on the way out in the morning)

Room Tip: I was in room 330, it faced the back of the hotel overlooking a car dealership. It was so quiet my s...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank tracyk03
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am glad to see that one of my associates was able to assist you in this way. We strive to provide sincere western hospitality and it starts with awesome associates that care. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

London, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying frequently at this clean, modern hotel with all the amenities you might need. It is literally across the road from a major shopping area & restaurants and 10 minutes away from the West Edmonton Mall. It also boasts great breakfast facilities (full hot buffet and omlets etc made to order) and Lunch & Dinner is also served, with lots to choose from - something for everyone. The staff are wonderfully helpful and cheerful. I feel quite at home here and was recently joined by my family; the staff went out of their way to make us all comfortable. Most visits are for business, but this hotel easily accommodates family trips.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kinds words, we strive to make all our guests feel at home when staying with us either on business or for pleasure. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2014

HGI has all that you need to make your business trip effective and appealing. I like the consistency with service and the quality. Great value. Because I use the fitness facility on every trip, my one recommendation would be to include a BOSU ball because that enables more activities when you have multiple guests using the space.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found our property to your liking. I would also like to thank you for your suggestion I will review that with my team. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!