“Excellent staff and great location near West Edmonton Mall”

Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton
Ranked #9 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My family took a long weekend trip to West Edmonton Mall for our son's birthday. We chose the Hilton Garden Inn for it's proximity to the Mall and their low cost breakfast addition. It was a great choice. The staff were top notch. When we arrived the first evening after a long day of swimming, carrying our take out pizza, I realized I had no plates. WHITROY, at the front desk, was super kind checking us in, called my husband by name (before looking at the computer)indicating he had been expecting us, chatting with our kids about their day swimming, BIG smile, and offered to find us some plates. He brought us extra plates and napkins and everything we needed! Every time we saw him he had a big smile and laugh, and was really nice. So our first impressions were great. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Not large or small, average. My only 2 issues were that the pool was quite cold so the kids didn't want to swim in it. It is also very small. And...the television channels offered were relatively limited. No Disney or family channel type stuff that our kids like on holidays. BUT...the breakfast was excellent and includes both buffet and cook to order so you have lots of choices. WE all loved the Eggs Benedict. The kids couldn't wait for breakfast every day. And the cookies at the desk were also a favourite. We have stayed here twice now and would stay again. Very close drive to West Ed and other shopping as well as restaurants, groceries and larger stores. Thanks for the great service!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Guests,

I want to thank you for your detailed review of us, we strive to provide sincere western hospitalty and I am encouraged that you received this form several of our associates. I hope that you will return in the New Year to witness our full renovations.

Once gain thanks for making our property your choice in West Edmonton.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Though we stayed during the Refresh/Reno week and did not have full use of the facility ie. beautiful front lobby,and restaurant, the ENTIRE staff at this hotel were always courteous, accommodating, helpful and wonderful! I can't say enough about the quality of the Customer service. We enjoyed a fully renovated room that was beautiful. Excellent location on the west side of Edmonton close to shopping malls and other restaurants, and the West Edmonton Mall.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words, we have tried to maintain a high level of customer service during our exciting property refresh. It is encouraging to see that we met your expectations and I thank you for your patience with us during our renovations.

I hope you will come back to see our exciting new look

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were not told when we booked the rooms that a remodel was underway. Consequently our entire conference was negatively effected. It was dusty and noisy the entire time we ran our programs and lasted the entire 4 days.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John W. J

Dear John,

My sincere apologizes that you were not made aware of our current refresh program. Despite our best efforts to let all of our valued guests know about our exciting renovations we clearly missed on this occasion. I trust that the rest of your stay with us was positive. We expect that our full renovation will be completed by the end of December.

Once again I am sorry for any disturbance you may have encountered.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Despite it is being renovated (in the dead of winter?!?!), the rooms were perfect and the price is OK, considering that it is also quite close to the WEM and the nearby shopping area. Pity that it offers B&B at additional price...
Otherwise the staff is very kind and despite the snowy weather the hall was always cleaned up.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Matteo D
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for your kind words and review. We are excited to be undergoing a property wide refresh that when completed will showcase a new concept and look. We have to date completed renovations to over 60 guestrooms and reviews have been very positive. In the New Year we will open our new Garden Grille and Bar and a new venue The Backyard Lounge and Patio. I hope you have the chance to return to us to experience our new product.

Once again thank you for your kind review of us and for your patience during our renovations.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Hotel was under construction and we were not notified when we booked. Very loud noise and entrance kept changing because of construction. Pool was under construction as well. We did not use the gym because it was to close to the construction and the noise was louder in that area. The check in also moved and you could not hear the conversation with the staff if you needed to.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Albert B
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your candid review of us. We are completing a property wide refresh that is very exciting but no doubt has caused some grief along the way. I hope you will visit us again to see our new look and experience our western hospitality.

Once again we are sorry that you experienced some disruption during your stay.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had to make a last minute change to our reservation before we arrived and the staff member Max was extremely helpful in doing that change for us. The hotel was all under renovation, so I felt that the price of the room should have been cheaper. Instead, it was more expensive than rooms at different hotels of the same calibre that weren't under construction. We got to use the pool, but its a good thing we used it when we did because the next day it was closed for construction. There was also no room service due to construction, and other things were closed. Our little family was quite happy in our room. It was quiet, and comfortable. For some reason the hotel bed pillows are so soft, that they feel like you aren't even using a pillow (that would be a bad thing)Everything was clean and all the hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We in particular liked chatting with our Filipino house keeper. We also enjoyed the company of your two ladies working at the breakfast buffet. They were so welcoming and good with our children. They spoiled them with lots of treats! We really appreciated them. One thing I also noticed was that the sidewalks were not shoveled so we had to trek in heaps of snow to get to our cars. That is not an easy feat with a 1 year old and a 4 year old. I just hope in the future, if something such as construction is going to be happening in the hotel, and services are effected, that there should be a noticeable discount for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Devin T

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your comments, despite our best efforts renovations can be challenging especially when the property remains a popular choice. I am glad that our service met your expectations and I will focus on the areas you mentioned so that we may learn for the future.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope that you will return to see our exciting refresh to be completed by years end.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I would just like to say I had an Amazing stay here. all the staff especially kaitlin at the front desk. yulia and manny in the restaurant made my stay feel like home. they're are very accommodating and no matter how busy they are they always greet me when I enter and always ask how my day was and if there's anything they can do for me. I found kaitlin at the front desk especially amazing. she was very professional and personable at the same time. I would highly recommend staying at this establishment

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank bradreay

Dear Guest,

I am so happy to see that your stay with us was a positive experience, I will share your kind words with those identified. We strive to make each and every guest feel at home when they stay with us.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.