“Standard Hilton business hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton
Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Staff was friendly and room quite big, although maybe they need already some renovation . Breakfast under par, but OK. A little expensive in my opinion. I would stay again if in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing a review on us, our property is excited to be currently involved in the planning stages of a renovation and looking forward to launching our new look later this year. Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Found the rooms very pleasant and clean. Staff very helpful and informative about promotions. Breakfast buffet was very good with a variety of different foods. There were children on our floor but did not hear them in the room. We had the King Suite which was very spacious. When walked into room was greated by a pleasant citrus scent.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your response and positive review of us. I will pass your comments on to our team.

Cheers!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Wow. Five phone calls to make a reservation, only to find out the reservation for our group block is full. Extremely frustrating experience. I expressed my frustration to a central reservation agent and was completely ignored. A busy family does not have time to try daily to make a reservation that should be simple.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that your reservation process was so difficult with us. I have forwarded your concerns on to our central reservations office. While I am confident that this was an isolated case, I do understand how frustrating it can be.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were staying at the hotel under sad circumstances and the staff at the front desk were very helpful and sympathetic. Breakfas was very good, and staff were extremely attentive. The 2nd day of our stay, the food service manager remembered us from the day before and asked about how our day had been. Room service food was good (recommend the burger!) And staff, again were attentive and discreet. Rooms were clean and quiet and well appointed. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank KLDBJD
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Sorry to hear that your stay with us was not under the best of circumstances. I hope your stay with us made things alittle easier for you. All the best!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed on 2nd week of November. I would recommend for business travelers. As a Hilton honors member, there was no Hilton or Double-tree, so this hotel was my choice even though the hotel was basic. (no full bar, restaurant menu very limited.) By the way on the day I was surprised with the heavy snow there and traffic was so bad.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we would agree with you regarding the snowfall. I appreciate your comments regarding the bar, while we do have a small bar located in our restaurant we do have plans for a new sports bar in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our stay was good. They were accommodating to my request of booking 2 room close together. Asides from the hotel fire alarm being set off due to a fog machine at a Halloween dance. It was early enough that the kids were able to get back to sleep. The only down side I would say about this place is it's 'restaurant'. We only went there for breakfast one day, and what they offered as a 'hot buffet breakfast' was outrageously expensive for what it was. I will say the waitress we had was very good (we were traveling with 2 small children and she was very nice to them) I booked this hotel because it was a little less expensive then comparable hotels in the area, in retrospect I could of booked one of the more expensive ones that has included breakfast and been further ahead. Also their beds are not the most comfortable. If you pay full price for this hotel, it is not worth it.

Room Tip: book online as an AMA member, you get a discount
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is truly unfortunate that your stay with us was not what you expected. I appreciate your comments regarding breakfast. We have found that our buffet is a great value as it features all fresh ingredients, build your own omelette station and eggs benedicts however as a dad myself I can appreciate the difference when traveling with kids. Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel for our annual girls shopping weekend. Even though they had accidentally canceled our reservation they did get us another room. The breakfast Buffett was quite good & there were warm cookies & coffee awaiting us when we came back to our rooms from a long day of shopping. The hotel is clean even though showing a bit of wear & tear. Excellent location close to lots of shopping centers & places to eat. Decent room for the price. Will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of us, I am glad we could be part of your "Girls Shopping Weekend" We pride ourselves on our customer service and cleanliness. Plans are currently being developed for our "Heart of The Garden" brand updates in 2013.