Days Inn & Suites West Edmonton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lodge Motor Inn(Edmonton)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsfamily suitewest edmontonroom was cleanhot tubfront desk staffdecent hotelwould stay againstayed nightsshort drivethe hotel staffa great stayenjoyed my stayparking lotmallpillowsdishwashercheckin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I spend 5 days 4 nights in 2 different rooms Drove from Winnipeg Manitoba ....At first the hotel was great everyone was helpful and friendly. great location to the mall and had no problem with me cheeking in at 10:20 am or cheeking out late at 1 pm .. Problem 1 started on the second last day cleaning staff didn't clean one of the rooms and when they did clean it was a half [--] job. Drawers were opened and had been messed around in ( nothing missing as we don't keep anything great in the room )
2 problem was after cheek out actually when i got home i had received a few calls and a nasty message on my cell phone from manager "martin" stating that i had stolen 2 top bed sheets.. As he put it " i could have sold them to you cheaper you didn't have to steal them " WELL of course i never took them that's just unthinkable to steal something when you have a credit card holding the room That's like stealing from myself. Anyways he charged me 95$ + tax each.. All without talking to me.
That afternoon my Husband call this Martin and told him that we never got out beds made fully ( the one day they didn't clean the room ) and we never got the top sheets put on the bed.
My husband talked to Martin for an hour telling him to look at the camera's and see that my husband had to clean the room and put all the trash in the halls and called down the the front desk a few times asking for trash bags and towels etc.. The whole time this Martin was very condescending to my husband telling him they have a top cleaning staff and he would back them 100% . By the end of this( the next morning) Martin called me on my home phone and apologized for this misunderstanding and gave me my money back.

This was just a pain to deal with and to be called down by this person with out prof was just B.S.

I will never stay with them again the cleaning staff like to go in your things and they don't do a great job.. and this Martin well ...yeah nothing nice to say about this "man"
However the front desk staff were GREAT super nice and even tool sometime to laugh and joke with me while i was waiting on family to get out of the pool A young lady that always has her hair up and a younger man with glasses you made my stay great thanks from a tired mom :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Josh S
Sumeet T, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and explain why you had a less than satisfactory experience at our hotel. All feedback is vital to the continued growth in quality of our property and its staff. Also I apologize for my late response as I have been out of town.
Once I read your review, I immediately spoke with our housekeeping supervisor regarding the state of your room. Unfortunately on that day, when housekeeping entered your room there were belongings of yours covering the bed and some furniture. Our cleaning staff is trained to handle guest’s personal possessions as little as possible, and this would have made it difficult to make your bed, or sort out the drawers in your room’s furniture. As far as your feedback regarding our front office manager, I can assure you that he has been spoken to and I apologise for your experience.
I understand that the first few days of your stay were satisfactory, and would like to believe that this is more accurate reflection of our hotel than are the issues you experienced at the end. Thank you for your praise of our front desk agents, whom we take great pride in. Again, all parties involved have been spoken to and swift action has been taken. I deeply apologise for all of the issues you experienced with us, and hope that you might give us a chance to make it up to you in the future.
If you have any further questions, or concerns please contact me at sturna@daysinnwestedmonton.com, or call us at the front desk and ask for me.
Sumeet Turna

Reviewed July 7, 2012

After a very tiring day from a very long trip, we finally settled in to check-in at this hotel, but to my surprise the front desk clerk can't find my reservation. He checked on their other locations and lo and behold, I mistakenly booked at the downtown location, which is another 15 minutes from where we are. The clerk must have read the desperate tired look on our faces, so he went about and resolved the issue by negotiating with the other hotel location, got the same rates and checked us in with no problems at all. I was so pleased and really grateful. We have a place to stay near the mall, right away to a room that was immaculately clean and with all the amenities that we were looking for. We were so happy that we booked for another night with a better rate. We would stay here again and will recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the area for West Edmonton Mall. Thanks to the front desk clerk who had made our stay very pleasant and saved us from a night of grief.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We loved it here! We stayed for three nights with our six month old daughter. They happily accommodated us with a crib for her at no charge! The rooms are beautiful and very clean. The staff was very friendly! The pool was nice a bit cool and had a whirl pool as well towels available there for use. It was a maybe five minute drive to the west Edmonton mall. There are plenty of restaurants in the area but the hotels was superb!!!!! We enjoyed room service and ate dinner in conyacs as well. We would DEFINITELY stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Friendly staff, large clean rooms and excellent proximity to the West Edmonton Mall. (less than 10 bucks by taxi)
I ate breakfast at the restaurant inside the hotel, it was very good with an average price.
Rooms are equiped with a mini fridge and microwave.
I would stay here again.

Would be nice if rooms had a safe.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed here from April 29 to May 3 with 4 children and 3 adults. Checking in and out was a breeze. The room exceeded our expectations. Convenient, clean, quiet and excellent parking. There was a restaurant in the hotel and the food was excellent. The prices were in line with other restaurants. The staff were very obliging and met all our needs. The indoor pool and hot tub was clean and a pleasant way to spend the evening with the children. The immediate area had restaurants and shopping in walking distance and the West Edmonton Mall was about a 15 minute walk. Great location. We were combining business and pleasure and this hotel was the perfect choice. We will return.

Room Tip: The family suite (kid's suite) is perfect for a family as opposed to adjoining rooms. We felt at home and had no worries about the safety of the children. Our room was at the back which permiited us to park our large trailer outside our hotel room window and keep an eye on it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family