“When you spend over 100 nights in a hotel per year you get a real perspective...”

Super 8 Edmonton South
Ranked #38 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Grande Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel over 20 times in the past two years. Always a warm reception and they reward their frequent travellers with a free night every 15th stay; this is in addition to the usual Wyndham Rewards and, in my opinion, a great perk for business travellers such as myself. I could stay basically anywhere I wanted to but I always make Super 8 my first port-of-call when I'm doing business on the south side of Edmonton. No regrets about staying here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We recently checked in for a medical trip. I asked for two things one the medical rate and two a wheel chair accessible room. I expected something a reduction in the price due to the medical rate I was charged 123.00 I inquired if that was the medical rate I was assured rah was the medical rate I asked why it was as high as it was. I was assured that was because the room had a king bed. They did not tell me if they had an accessible room with a queen bed. Why does it cost more to have a king bed when if that is the only room they have that is accessible you have no choice but to take the king bed because the need for accessibility over rides your option for a queen. Damned either why I would say eh?

Room Tip: Be sure to qualify before you book the room the rate if you are needing it for a medical rate or if...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pamela C
Langdon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed for the convience of location and for the breakfast. When I called to enquire about the breakfast it was stated that there would be more than just waffles. There were no waffles, eggos do not count as waffles!! Good thing there were other items.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Marla H
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not at all what I expected for the money I spent! Sure, it was a pet friendly hotel but it also smelled like it, too. The room smelled very strongly of bleach to mask the smell of other animals' urine. The walls were dirty and marked up.
The continental breakfast was skimpy and had an extremely limited selection. Poor quality for the dollar!

• Stayed August 2013
West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We got a last minute reservation at this hotel due to an unexpected change in our accommodations. We arrived late, tired and weary to a very friendly front desk staff who kindly upgraded us to a two bedroom suite for free. The room was clean, quiet and the beds were comfortable. There were tv's in both rooms and a door separating our space from our children. We had two small issues. Short one bath towel which caused a trip to the front desk as well as a plugged toilet at 6am. My husband went and got the plunger from the front desk as the kids were sleeping. Breakfast was good. Very busy in the dining area. We got the last available table. Everyone was satisfied with their meals. We would stay again as it was great value for the money.

• Stayed August 2013
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

This place was great. All the staff were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. I was so impressed that i didn't notice a few things. The furniture in he room was a little dated. Beds were great. Extra pillows.iron,coffeemaker,fridge. The TV was a tube type with lots of channels. No pay for view. The whole place was so well kept. The breakfast area was spacious. Food was basic but better than most Super 8s. free newspaper. It is located walking distance from save on foods, Esso, Lots of fast food and a few others. Wi fi was strong and fast. It is a little hard to find on the first try located between 2 one ways. The location near a main road makes for easy access to downtown and points E W S. If you are concerned about the environment this place is for you. They have recycling in the room and the usual sheet reuse options. They have one extra piece. They are a member of ecostay.ca They carbon offset your stay for a $2 charge. So your stay ends up carbon neutral.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family