“Dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in”

Super 8 Edmonton South
Ranked #40 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our bedspread had gross small stains I can only guess what they were. When I called down for a new one she said I had to come get it-didn't bother as we all in our pajamas already. Carpet was very dirty, hallways were dingy. Was hair in the shower-not ours.
Very old small tube tv's.
Definitely not worth the $120 we paid. Stay at the Radisson down the way if you are looking for a family friendly hotel with a good pool. It's not worth saving a few dollars to stay at this very gross hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Juvy S, Asst. Manager at Super 8 Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for taking time out to response on review. My sincere apology that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I agree, these things are not acceptable and it will be addressed not to happen again. Your feedback helps us in improving our daily service to attain excellency. Again, I apologize for the inconvenince and hope to see you again in the near future. Sincerely, Juvy Santos

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Definitely a family hotel. The pool is great and is always busy. Rooms have always been clean when we stay and the continental breakfast is a plus. It is in the heart of the south and easy access to shopping. Good hotel and the price is right.

Room Tip: Always ask to stay on third or fourth floor to avoid breakfast/pool foot traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your time responding review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your possitive comments regarding our pool that you enjoyed it, about breakfast and nice locations. We are looking forward again to be in service to you on your next travel plan. Sincerely, Juvy Santos, Asst. Manager

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Recentley the volleyball team I coach stayed here and was nothing but impressed with the hotel and service we received. The group coordinator was great to deal with and looked after all of our needs. The staff were pleasant and very helpful. The rooms were clean and the girls loved the pool and slide. I would bring my team and family here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Juvy S, General Manager at Super 8 Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your response. I am very happy that your team had a pleasant experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future and thank you for your business.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

staff is great, property is clean, we are staying there again first of April....i have a question, can i park my car there for a week?

many thanks

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your business and your review on trip advisor. We appreciate that you continue to return to our hotel when you are in Edmonton. I do hope your stay in April was as enjoyable.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Over priced (129 per night) when there are much nicer hotels in the vicinity for the same price. Ground floor king bed room was clean but smelled musty. Fan in bathroom loud enough that I did not want to use it but it was unfortunately on the same switch as the light so I had no choice. Other guests grossley inconsiderate - slamming doors, yelling, and running up and down hallway at six am. Staff was polite but definitely not up to standard (my guess is they aren't paid well enough to truly care). Relattively fresh paint - three of the walls had a modern colour but the accent wall and the bathroom were done in a not quite fashionable blue while there was a smudge of white paint on the bathroom doorknob and blue paint splotch on the bathroom floor. Again, it clean but that's all I can say for it. I would recommend spending the same money and staying at one of a dozen other hotels in the region (waterside or not!).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that it wasn't up to your standards. We have been working very hard at renovating our rooms, one of which you stayed in, and chose the blue because we thought it was modern and brighter looking. Not only have we been painting but many rooms have gotten new furniture and all our rooms have new bed toppings. I am sorry that our staff seemed uncaring and not "up to standard". I am unsure what you mean by that as our front desk try their very best and are awesome with our guests. I am very proud of our renovations and our staff.
SIncerely,

Reviewed February 22, 2012

My family with 3 boys under the age of 7 visited on Feb 19th. The rooms were clean, service at the first desk was extremely helpful and friendly. My boys LOVED the waterslide and the pool water was surprisingly warm. We definitely will be coming back soon. The only negative thing was the lady smelling like Pot in the elevator.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Very disappointed,both rooms were dirty. The tub had hair in it, the fridge and coffee maker were dirty and a noise complaint about a one year old that ran from one room to another, pretty sad. Pool door is right beside front desk very uncomfortable when its busy. Won't be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Juvy S, General Manager at Super 8 Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

I am very sorry to hear about your experience in our hotel. It is certainly not they way we run our business and we pride ourselves on having great housekeepers and clean rooms. I am not sure what happened or why your room was not up to our standards and yours. The problem with TripAdvisor is that I have no way of knowing what room you stayed in or which housekeeper cleaned your room. I will however speak to all housekeepers about your concerns. I do hope that you will give us a try and again and let us make up our error.