“Indulging”

La Poutine
Ranked #320 of 2,556 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed April 1, 2014

First time visit and we'll definitely be back and with the kids! The Taj Mahal poutine (yes... Indian poutine) is very good. The fries are crispy, curds soft, gravy yummy and the chick pea curry flavourful. The trick for me is that poutine is warm-almost-hot all over; this place got it right. The eating area is fresh, very clean, and the guy who served us was pleasant, and get this.. he said 'thank you for coming in'. As you know, that's getting rare. This was a sampler visit so we shared a medium size portion for $8.50. A bit pricey, more like $7.25 in value. Go for a large at $10.50 is my suggestion.

The suggested trying the Canadian and the Perogy.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Excellent little place to try authenic poutines - you would not believe the variety!
Just dont plan to sit and relax, very small place, but worth th food

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

First timers, not last timers. Came expecting wonderful poutine, and we got what we expected. What we didn't expect was the amazing varieties of flavors. We tried different flavors from the original to the Hawaiian (March) special, they were all fantastic. Great service for newbies. We took awhile, but we were not rushed, rather we were well educated. Portions were large and substantial. We look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went here in the summer. I ordered the original poutine and it came relatively quickly. Portion size was very small for the price. I found the gravy to be lacking in flavour and didn't really like the potatoes with the skin on. Never went back.

I have had much better poutines around town.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Husband and I went. We felt it just lacked flavor. Traditinal gravy was bland. I had the Grannys poutine and he had perogees poutine...we give it a 3 of of 5. Nothing amazing.