“Loved the show but not the food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rick Bronson's The Comic Strip

Rick Bronson's The Comic Strip
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Loved the show but not the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I came here in March to see Chris Tucker and his opening act pals. His shows were so popular that extra performances were added and all were sold out. While the comedy acts were great, this is primarily a place to see a show and not to dine. The waitress came quickly for our drink orders but I had to surrender my driver's licence over for the duration in order to start a tab. While I understand the need for this, it is an inconvenience. The food is typical pub grub but only so-so quality. There was some issue with their cash machine connectivity that night so they were accepting cash only that night. Luckily I had enough on hand for my order.

Visited March 2014

Edmonton
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Employees are extremely rude and service is slow!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

First off- bring cash! They do not accept debit inside the club! If you need to get cash from ATM they require your credit card for pre-auth or your drivers license. What a pain! My friends & I felt like criminals. {The ATM in the mall was .50 cheaper for fee}

The waitress came to take drink orders, and whe my friend looked and said "umm..." The waitress put her pen away, irritated, and said she'd come back later. That was about a 15 min wait. Once we got our drinks, they tasted like juice. Not possible that an ounce was in there!
The waitress came back 15-20 mind later to take food orders... The food took another half hour. Since we wanted no more drinks, we didn't see the waitress again until cheques dropped.
I hated the service the first time I came here, and I see they have consistency going for them! Service was terrible again.
I realize it's not a joyful job, but earn your tips ladies. Men aren't the only ones who can tip well!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank swandive_pixie
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Hit and Miss”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Gotta love comedy shows. But as can be expected some are better than others. I have probably been here about 17 times. They do have a few good comics in but I prefer to see some of the newer ones. Rick has the "best comic with a day job" the last few years I have gone and you get about 50% that do a decent job. unfortunately you do get the odd one that hasn't learned that picking on his audience is not the way to make it big.

Visited May 2013
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Stevo O Live and Sober”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's all about the show's the food and drinks are overpriced and the service is poor at best they never have enough waitresses always order 2 drinks at a time or you might not get a 2nd. they would make a lot more money if they hired more staff. Poor management at best.

Visited February 2014
Fort Mcmurray
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, had dinner and drinks while being entertained. As with any comedy club, different comedians each week so your experience can vary. The night we were there probably rated 7.5, but as I said earlier depending on the comedian and your taste could be a 10. Food and service were good, waitress's very busy.