“Great Place to stay if going to Rexal Place”
Review of Coliseum Inn

Coliseum Inn
Ranked #35 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Stayed in renovated room. Well worth the value of room for location!

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank NatalieTravel87

Reviewed October 9, 2010

This hotel was sketchy for me based on the reviews that I'd read, but upon arriving I discovered that this information was totally false! I made sure I got one of the renovated rooms, and am greatly impressed with what I got. The room was spotless, and nicely decorated. The bed was very clean and extremely comfortable. It is a noisy location, being on a busy street and literally directly across the street from Rexall (literally right across the street) but that worked out well for me and my boyfriend, as we were too tired from our concert afterward to care. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MisStephanie
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My friend and I travelled to Edmonton for the recent Lady Gaga concert and decided to try this hotel because of the proximity to Rexall place. I always check on tripadvisor before booking any room and so I knew to ask for a renovated room. We were given a room on the 7th floor and were completely shocked by just how nice it was. Everything is new, clean and just beautiful with fridge, microwave and high end coffeemaker. The bed was wonderfully comfy with high quality linens.
They offer a deal for $189 which gives you this great room with two queen beds, $50 cert for Flow Lounge where we enjoyed a surprisingly delicious buffet before the concert and $50 credit at Diesel. Excellent value!
We had a great time and would not hesitate to stay here again. Hopefully they will soon get all the rooms renovated because it's incredibly convenient to stay so close to the Coliseum. Well done Coliseum Inn!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I went to the Tool concert at the beginning of July at Rexall Place. My friends and I live in Edmonton, but we decided to stay a hotel that night, so it would be like "real night out."
We decided to stay at the Coliseum Inn, and I got to tell you, it was very good.

First and foremost, the location was great, it's a 1 minute walk (literally) from our room to the front door of Rexall Place.

Second, the rooms were nice. Very clean, and I think we got a renovated room because it was very modern and well furnished.

Thirdly, we really enjoyed eating at the restaurant (I think it's called Flow), and we capped off the night at Diesel (nightclub).

It was a perfect night out! My friends and I are going to do this again for the next concert, maybe for the U2 concert, can't wait.

Some of the friends I was with have stayed at this hotel in past (i.e. for hockey games, etc.) and they told me the hotel has signficiantly improved.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Hi. I stayed at the coliseum inn last month. The new renovated rooms are sweet! I loved it. The best bed ever, amazing bathroom, and gourmet coffee. It was way better than I imagined. I am definitely coming back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JenniferJetha
Reviewed June 14, 2010

This is not a hotel I'd ever recommend unless you didn't have transport and were gong to an event at the Rexall.

Hotel is old and shabby and the area leaves a lot to be desired. Only stay here if you really have to.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank tangojo
Reviewed April 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in March. We went and saw an NHL game one night and went out for dinner and shopping the next.

Location: The location is directly across the street from the main entrance to Rexall Place, and has great free parking in a covered parkade. It literally took us less then 5 minutes to leave our room and get to our seats at the hockey game.

Property; I was put off by the exterior appearance, a grungy brick block with a dated yellow sign. The lobby is small and sparse with a small sitting area and " business center" (computer in a closet). The ground floor also has two different bars; a sports bar and a dance club. We used the sports bar as a meeting place after the game, and had a decent burger in there. Although, from previous experience with bars in hotels, we knew to ask- and get- a room as far away as possible from the bar. We were on the eighth floor with no sound problems, though our friends on the 3rd were not so lucky. Although my husband was kept up by the sound of drunks singing in the alley behind the bar, I had no problems.

Rooms- Wow, thank you trip advisor! We knew to ask for a renovated room, and were very happy with it! New everything- with one of the most comfy beds I've ever slept on at a hotel. The room was very clean, new windows, TV and an updated bathroom. The hallway carpets and paint were fresh too. This made up for a lot!

Staff- Very nice staff, helpful people. Only complaint was the lack of express check-out feature. Had to stand and wait for 20 minutes while the clerk fussed with papers in a drawer, trying to find my info. This hotel doesn't use a computer system- very strange!

Overall; Great location if you are in town for an event, but not a resort property at all. Reasonable price, if you get a renovated room, with covered parking and close to bars (good and bad).

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple