“Excellent”

Ranked #41 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Laglace
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The hotel is so convenient to Rexal Place. We stay there on all occasions in Edmonton. The beds are to die for. I want one of those mattresses at my house. Hotel clean and nicely updated and staff very friendly

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

crystal v, Manager at Coliseum Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us we look forward to seeing you again at the Coliseum inn

Manangement

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Buffalo
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great place!! Right across street from Rexall Centre if you're seeing a game..the internet connection was a bit spotty and it worked better if I was down in lobby using it. The hotel was a bit hard to get to/locate...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

crystal v, Manager at Coliseum Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your review we are sincerely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us
and look forward to having you stay again soon.

Manangement
Calgary
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I came for a conference at the Edmonton Expo Centre which is located next to the hotel. The hotel was noisy, there was a permanent low frequency hum during the whole night, poor insulation to the street and also to the neighbor rooms. The pub offers mediocre food, had only one beer on tap, and they don't offer breakfast. The room and bathroom were clean, to mention also a positive aspect.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

crystal v, Manager at Coliseum Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your review. I will be informing the restaurant of your comments as we definately do want our guests to enjoy their meals while dining at Flow Lounge. I will ensure our security is dealing with any noise issues in the evening so that while a guest is there that they can definately enjoy their sleeps. Thankyou for bringing this to our attention.

Alberta
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here for the first time ever for the Keith Urban concert, a couple of friends that I was going to the concert with had booked a room here and so when I bought their spare concert ticket from them they also booked me my own room. I had heard some not-so - good things about this hotel in the past, however I had heard they since renovated so I was ok with giving it a shot.

The first problems began with the booking. My friend booked for me only about an hour after she booked her room, and the clerk had no record of her booking her room! They managed to get it settled and both rooms were reserved. Upon check in, they looked up the booking and had us both booked for two nights. Sensing our frustration, the man at the desk worked very hard to fix the problem and he was very apologetic about the mix up. While waitng we picked up a brochure about room service and asked him about it since we were in a time crunch to get to the concert on time. To our surprise they don't deliver to the room, you have to go to the restaraunt and pick up your order. I don't know about you, but to me this defeats the purpose of "ROOM" service. Anyways we wound up ordering pizza in since we wanted to get ready for the concert and have a few drinks while we waited for our food.

Now for the rooms. On first appearance they look great. Renovated and stylish. However thats where the glory ends. They spent a fortune on renovations but didn't bother buying new TVs or telephones. Both looked like they were straight out of the mid eighties, I mean really, who uses the old tube style TV's anymore??

Cleanliness was a thing to be desired as well. My room seemed ok, however I became suspicious based on my friend's room. She came knocking on my door looking for toilet paper. Yes, thats right, ZERO toilet paper in room - none on the holder and no spare. I gave her my spare roll. Then she mentioned how her toilet had fecal matter splattered all over the inside of the bowl and the bed linens smelled like dirty old greasy unwashed hair. These things were mentioned to the front desk and one would assume they would have tried to rectify the situation (at least clean the toilet and change the bedding) however nothing was done until the next morning when they gave a $20 rebate for her inconvenience. To me thats not really worth it? I would much rather know I had a clean room rather than a questionable one.

And, last but not least, bring your earplugs if you are staying here. Even with them in I could still feel the vibrating base from the bar on the ground floor.

Overall I barely rate this place at "average". Its best feature is the closeness to the colisieum and I was fortunate enough to be there early enough to get an awesome parking spot in their parkade. It was nice not having to deal with traffic and parking during a major event. I would say stay here, but be prepared for a dirty and hot room (thank god the window opened because my heater control didn't), and of course for the noise from the bar down below.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
crystal v, Manager at Coliseum Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Guest thank you for your review and first of all I am happy that the front desk was able to assist you with the room issue. I would like to discuss this further as I know you had a few problems please email me at crystal@coliseuminn.ca with your contact information and I would like
to discuss this further with you.

We definately want you to enjoy your stay while you are with us.
We apologize for any inconvenience and I look forward to hearing from you

Lloydminster
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have been staying at The Coliseum Inn for 12 years. Great location for events ot Rexall and great value for the money.The staff are always friendly and accommodating.I will be coming back to stay again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank Kristin 8183 50... M
crystal v, Manager at Coliseum Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your review we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Lethbridge
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Coliseum Inn for P!nk's concert and we were very happy with our decision to do so. We only had to walk across the street to get to Rexall Place and could watch the lineup from our window so we knew when to head over without having to wait in a huge line. The hotel rate included "event parking" across from Rexall which otherwise would have been $20. Our room was very clean and newly renovated and aside from a little noise coming from the nearby clubs in the early morning (which we expected) we were very satisfied with our room and overall with our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

crystal v, Manager at Coliseum Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and would like to apologize for your stay all of our rooms have been newly renovated from top to bottom including the bathrooms. I would like to discuss this further with you so that I feel we are taking your concerns very seriously. Please if you do not mind please email me at crystal@coliseuminn.ca and leave me your contact number and I will be happy to get right back to you.

We definately want all of our guests to have a memorable stay.

Loydminister
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The rooms are not what they look like in the photos. They are hot and you can't open the windows. Bathroom smelled of moiled. Parking is not convent for the people staying at the hotel. But it is for the people at rexal place. Guess they come before the people staying there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review all of the rooms have been renovated so I apologize if you felt the room smelt. I will definately bring this up with our housekeepers on the cleaning sprays they are using
regarding the parkade definately our guests are first priority and I will be having a meeting with the parking attendants so that this issue will not happen again.

Our guests are our number one priority.