“Very Pleasant stay”

Ranked #39 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Mbeya, Tanzania
“Very Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Extremely clean rooms & friendly staff.The rates are reasonable as well!
What more would you want in a hotel!
Very happy with our stay.
We stayed here for the Dixie chicks concert at Rexall Place..very convenient as it is right across the street.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

It was my second visit.The checking process was smooth. The staff was courteous and room were clean and stay was comfortable. I will definitely stay again when I come back to Edmonton. the hotel is well decorated and well kept. the rooms are cleaned on a regular basis. when I had few special requests then they were handled properly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
crystal v, Guest Relations Manager at Coliseum Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you pleasant review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visit. At the Coliseum Inn with all the rooms now completely renovated
we are happy that guests can have a memorable stay.

New Brunswick, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed there for two nights. I got a great price only $99. Once I arrived and walked into the lobby I was pleasantly surprised. It's very clean and modern looking. It was my first time staying in Edmonton and did not know the area. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
crystal v, Guest Relations Manager at Coliseum Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your review and appreciate your business. We are happy that you are enjoyed the renovations we have done to the hotel and very much look forward to you staying with us again.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The door man was SO rude. Terrible attitude and was not accomodating! When the vending machine was broken we hopened the door and made me grab the stuff mtself which would have been totally fine, had he not been totally insulting me for even wanting any thing out of it, and upon grabbing the bottles of water myself, te passage way was so narrow I got a bruise on my arm from even reaching in it, while he just stood and sighed over and over like this was a huge bother for him even though there was no one else even in the lobby. Next we ordered room service at a pretty fair price, it was quick enough as well, but when the burgers came they were pink inside, and I don't think I've ever had such stale fries, they were pretty much un eatable. We then proceeded to our bed for some much needed sleep after a long day of travelling; no joke this thing felt like it was made of card board and the thread count on the duvet had to have been like 4. It was mad uncomfortable and the pillows smelled like bleach. It was a terrible sleep. Also the elevator sounds like it's a risk to take every time because you might get stuck half way between floors. I and lastly, if u t someone who is booking a hotel for like 65$ a night, chances are you may not have a bunch of money to throw around, just a warning, they don't only pre authorize you credit card, they actually take 200$ in any way they can, then u have to wait like 15 min for them to get it back on there for u in the morning. Honestly, I preferred the hostel I stayed at with 8 other people sleeping in the same room.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Shan666
Dear Shan,

Thank you for your review I apologize that you feel you did not receive a great stay with us I will be looking into all of your concerns. I would like to speak with you regarding this kindly at your convenience contact me at crystal@coliseuminn.ca so I can ensure your next visit with us is
a memorable one.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Pros: Not sure there were any!

Cons: Where to start?
My fiancée and i had booked ahead of time. Check in is at 3. We were told to wait so we took a, seat and waited. It was about an hour before they helped us. They allowed a whole lobby of people that just walked through the door go ahead of us. I asked why we were told to wait an hour and they didn't give us a reason.

When we finally got into our room, the condition of the room was appalling. I've stayed in budget motels and hotels before and I've never seen anything as disgusting as that room.

The carpet wasn't vacuumed and there were crumbs all over the floor, the walls were disgustingly dirty to the point where we were afraid to touch anything. There were marks all overt the wall, like dirt as if someone threw a party in the room. There was even blood splattered on one of the walls and make up smeared on one of three walls. Simply wiping the walls would have taken care of that mess.

The mini fridge wasn't even cleaned out or wiped down. Inside the fridge it looked like someone spilled soda and it was never cleaned.

I immediately went to the front desk and told them it was unacceptable and asked to be moved. The guy at the desk told me he'd call me to come look at the room after the lobby cleared.

He never called so i went down again. The guy at the desk came up and made every excuse as to why the room wasn't clean. I asked to be moved and he told me they were booked.

I asked if i could get the room cleaned and he said room service doesn't come until 11am. I asked if he expected us to stay in unsanitary conditions and he again said house cleaning doesn't come until 11.

I asked for cleaning supplies so I didn't have to sleep against a dirty wall since the other bed not touching the wall was broken and he said house cleaning would clean it tomorrow and i had to deal with it.

I was already upset over the filthy room and to top it off, the club downstairs kept us up until 2am. Drunken parties seem to also be a staple in this hotel. This isn't a place you want to stay if you plan on sleeping.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank mandy_miller
crystal v, Guest Relations Manager at Coliseum Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I would very much like to discuss this directly with you. I appreciate your review and would like to look into this matter on your behalf. Please email at the below email address so we could clear this matter up.

Bentley, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, & from being from out-of-town, We would have expected a lot more. No phone books, no note pads & no pens, we were told to use a computer & google it. the room was clean & the housekeeping staff were excellent. I would really think twice about staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for brining your concerns to us I have brought them to the attention of the General Manager and will definately be speaking with our staff and ensuring that all guests are getting their requests dealt with immediately.

I do apologize and we do really appreciate your business and look forward to you returning to our hotel.

Please can you contact so we can discuss your stay further.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

So, I booked an executive suite for my girlfriend and I for one night as I had an event to attend on a Saturday evening. We arrived at the hotel around 2:00 pm and told the room was not ready and we had to wait for it to be cleaned. Being that I had to be at the venue by 3:00 pm I knew that I was going to be late, our plan was to check in, drop off our luggage and go to the event which was only about 15 minutes from the hotel, inconvenience #1. With out making to much of a big deal about it we decided to wait till in the lobby till the room was ready, NO BIG DEAL. We get up to our room and the room is nice so everything is good. We get back to the hotel and have a few friends over for some drinks after the event. We Check out the next day and were given a 10% discount on account of the room not being ready, cool. 5 days go by and I check my credit card statement and there is another $200.00 EXTRA CHARGE. I immediately call the hotel and they tell me that I was smoking in the room, I LOST it. I immediately protested the accusation, I was in my room the whole night and not one of us lit any cigarettes up as I specifically told the two other people in my room if they wanted to smoke they have to go outside, I myself DON'T SMOKE. They told me the cleaning lady, that they are obviously over working, said she found cigarette butts and it smelled like smoke, which is complete bull cause my girlfriend and I made sure we cleaned up whatever mess was made for the cleaning lady. Not only that but I received no call from the hotel asking me if I was smoking in my room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends