“Typical Canadian Eh!”

Add it.
Tilted Kilt
Cuisines: Scottish
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We just got back from Phoenix, where we visited the Tilted Kilt on Cactus Rd. regularly for 3 months.
We met the fellow there that opened the location here on Whyte Ave., and heard of the MANY problems that he experienced due to the difference in culture.
The operation there was wonderful, and a real treat to visit, as the food, service, and ambience were excellent.
Unfortunately, we are Canadian, and suffer through very poor service everywhere we go.
Compare Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, McDonalds, etc. in the U.S. and Canada, and
ANY thing similar is completely accidental.

1  Thank Bob T

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My dish wasn't so bad, but my girlfriends burger was disastrously undercooked, to the point that it was bright pink when she bit into it. The waitress took the burger back as soon as we pointed it out. The manager then came by to explain to us that apparently the cook was American and that this was how they normally cooked. Sounded made up to us, but whatever, they were making an effort to remedy the situation so we didn't care much either way.

When the burger came back it'd had all the toppings and sauces scraped off so it could be tossed back on the grill for a re-firing. Unfortunately, that was not the correct way to fix the situation. Points for trying I guess but we won't be back...

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Horrible experience! The food was gross the girls are a bunch of trashy slags prancing around nearly nude. Our food came before our drinks, the cutlery was filthy & our waitress was a mindless bimbo!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I did not like the food, I did not like the service, I did not like the disgusting excuse for a manager,
I doubt this place will stay in business much longer, at least I hope it doesn't. I will be glad when it's gone, and will laugh a very satisfying laugh when I see the windows papered over. What a terrible terrible business.

2  Thank canadaflyer
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I decided to try the Tilted Kilt because it is in one of my favorite parts of town, Whyte Ave. and my boyfriend and I always like to try new places. We sat down and waited for our server...and waited....and waited.....Once she finally showed up and dropped off menus we ordered a pitcher of beer. She then informed us that half of their bar was down at the moment and she proceded to read off the list of available beers from her notepad. It was not busy at all while we were there, but for some reason it took almost 10 minutes for our pitcher to show up. We ordered food, kind of overpriced for pub food but it is Whyte Ave so things tend to be a little bit more pricey. Nothing special or different that made me go "oh, I want to try THAT." The building is kind of weirdly shaped so it is very narrow and long and you need to go down some very steep steps to get to the bathrooms in the basement, not too sure if the bathrooms are even accessible to those with disabilities. We eat out a lot in Edmonton, at all different types of establishments so I have a good idea what a pitcher of beer costs in this town. For the level of quality of this place, there is no excuse for them to charge $27.00 for a pitcher. That is almost $10 more than other similar establishments in the area. Who do these guys think they are?! I would NOT recommend this place to anyone and I will NEVER go back!! There are better places to spend your money and you can get outstanding service and amazing food and drinks for far less than what you will pay here. Don't waste your time!

3  Thank Maggs72