“The wait is worth it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Duchess Bake Shop
Ranked #1 of 41 Dessert in Edmonton
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“The wait is worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Whenever friends come and visit me in Edmonton I take them here.It's such a treat. It's a nice date place as well as a hang out for me and my friends. The staff are great and the atmosphere is superb. I love the antique furniture. Definitely an eclectic vibe.
It's grown in popularity which means you may not get a seat as quickly as you'd like.

I love the meringue cookies and key-lime pie!

• Visited December 2013

Edmonton, Canada
“managed to get a seat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

My sister lives within walking distance, and it is rare that when I visit her that she doesn't have something exquisite from the Duchess. Note that this started as a take out bakery, but has evolved into a cafe (it can't really be called a restaurant). The furniture is very eclectic - a collection of antique chairs and odd tables that all somehow seem to fit right in.

I haven't visited to eat there before, so this was a first for me. We got here just after opening and managed to get a seat. As we were leaving, just before noon, a line had formed and it was apparent that many would have take their goodies home, or endure standing room only.

I had a chocolate/orange scone and mocha; both very tasty.

I would recommend this to all and WILL return.

• Visited July 2014
alberta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very, very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

The food for sale is superb and imaginative, considering this is prairie pickup truck, steak and lobster country. The passion fruit confection i had the other day was blissful. Many a bakery in France would be envious. The servers are very sweet and helpful which brings me to the only problem. They are so efficient that they are ready to serve when I haven't reached the display cases (there is always a lineup) so I hadn't yet seen the selection. I wonder if a couple of illustrated lists on an attractive stand would be useful? Or something on the wall above the display cases? It's hard to order which macarons I would like when i have no idea what the weekly choices are.

• Visited June 2014
Minnesota
“Crowded for a reason”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Excellent pastries and coffee! Long line but efficient service. In an older neighborhood just west of downtown.

Visited June 2014
edmonton alberta canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best french cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

this is a little gem in Edmonton. the place is always very busy, the pastries are mouth watering the décor Parisian Café type a wonderful place to take friends and family. not to be missed.

• Visited June 2014