“The secret is out...”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Don't let the line up turn your off. All these people know that the wait is worth it. The line will move quickly because the service is excellent, always. This little gem is found not in Paris but in Edmonton, although it transcends you elsewhere. The bright open room is filled with eclectic furniture, if you’re looking for a quiet space I suggest you take your goodies home. The cafe is always bustling with chatter then there is the aroma. I have been several times for coffee and pastries and taken treats home for the family. Their meringue cookies are the next best to the ones I had in Paris at Laduree a well known Parisian bakery. The prices reflect the quality of the pastries, no additives here.

There are newer reviews for Duchess Bake Shop

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I go to Duchess at least once a week. Their treats are to die for. They also make a killer later. Its always busy but its totally worth the wait. Definitely try the pistachio macaroons. One word to sumarize this place = AMAZING!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

When you are on vacation, you seem to be willing to part with cash a little more freely than when at home. For some reason, I do not mind shelling out $1.50 for a little macaroon at this place. 124 st has struggled with trying to capture a village spirit for the past 30 years or so, and this place shows that they might be succeeding. It is busy whenever I go there, but I have always found a place to sit.
They do not have a wide selection of items and no real meal type pastries such as ham and cheese croissants. The chocolate merangue for under a dollar made me feel like I was getting a deal and it tasted good.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We visited Duchess for the first time this weekend...to pick up a Duchess cake that we ordered for a birthday celebration. The cake was scrumptious! We bought a few pastries to take with us and we were not disappointed. Service was very efficient and fast. Would like to return and try their lunch specials - all reasonably priced. Not sure why Duchess is classified as a restaurant; should really only be a cafe and/or bakery....

Would return.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Although pricey, Duchess is a wonderful treat once in awhile. My favourite thing about the bakery though is the store next door. They have incredible things that are all about baking and to help you get started to bake your own goodies.

1  Thank Ang O