“Good and Reliable”

Ranked #35 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Drumheller
“Good and Reliable”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times when in Edmonton for business. It is easy to access and close to downtown events.
I like having the consistency of the Marriott line as well as the friendly, competent staff at the front desk. Check in is always a breeze, I have never had a problem, even when arriving quite late.
The rooms are clean and of course the Marriott pillows are wonderful.
This room I was in had an inordinately small bathroom, but other than that the room was great - clean and quiet.
I always find the valet parking quite expensive, but use it anyway as I would rather my car be parked underground rather than the above ground parking lot next door.. I must say they are very quick about bringing up my car.
The restaurant has a reasonable selection for dinner and each and every time I have eaten there, the food has been good. The breakfast buffet is $12.50 and offers the usual fare, but again, is tasty.
All in all, you can't go wrong staying at this hotel - it is good, dependable and affordable.

Room Tip: the river view is wonderful, but those are always the first to go.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Smarkay,

We are happy to hear from you and value your kind review. It is encouraging to know that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. Your comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are welcomed as they foster change for the better. We appreciate being a part of your trips to Edmonton!

Paul Feddema

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I experienced numerous billing issues that were not resolved and largely ignored, which resulted in number of issues with my credit card company. I've stayed at a lot of Marriott's before, and the rooms were dated and uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Jonathan E,

Our associates understand that our guests deserve a pleasant stay and we clearly missed the mark. I’m so sorry for your recent experience with us; I would like to learn more. I am at your service to assist anyway I can. Please contact me if you would like to discuss further.

Rene Trinidad
Manager
780.423.9999
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in July. I found the hotel to be updated with very comfortable and clean rooms and excellent staff. The staff were more than willing to provide directions to various things we wanted to see and even recommended a few other things for us to take in.

I had the breakfast buffet and it was very good and reasonably priced. Overall, I found this hotel to be conveniently located and great value for the money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank eastcoastcatlover
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
eastcoastcatlover,
Thank you very much for your review; it’s great to know you enjoyed the hotel and we can’t wait to see you again!

Salil Kulkarni, General Manager
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after having a bad experience with another Edmonton hotel. We phoned at 1930 and asked if they had vacancy. They did so we drove straight there and we're checked in quickly. I asked for a river view and she stated they were out of those rooms but would give us a very nice room. We got up to our room and it was a corner room where we could see the river from two angles, beautiful. It was super clean, bed comfy and all in all comfortable. Nothing extravagant, only complaint is parking is so expensive but otherwise great experience.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Adrian R
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Adrian R,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. Our team understands and believes that our guests deserve a pleasant stay and we continue to seek new ways to impress. I will be sure to share your nice comments with our associates; they work hard to deliver superior service. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

New York
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is an updated hotel on the river in downtown. The overall property is well maintained and has the standard Courtyard design and amenities. Views can be quite nice facing the river. The only challenge is parking and the need for a car to do very much in the area

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank FrequentTripster
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear FrequentTripster,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is encouraging to hear that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. Your kind comments are appreciated and we look forward to a return visit.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard in mid-June for a conference. It was super close to the convention center where our conference was held (within easy walking distance). The staff was very friendly and rooms were clean. The best thing about the staff though was what they did AFTER my trip. I had left a sweater and shirt on the bed when I checked out. When I called a woman named Victorina helped locate my items, they had been found by a woman named DaySi, and they were then mailed by the Guest Services Supervisor Kevin Trinh!! The staff could have easily just kept them or thrown them away but from the housekeepers to the office staff they were beyond professional and helped get my items back home - THANK YOU!! The only reason I give this hotel four stars is because i ordered room service and the food was not very good. I had ordered the 1/2 chicken and it was so salty I couldn't even eat it. The vegetables were good but that's about all. Other than that it was a great stay and I would highly recommend this property!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Tara H,

It’s wonderful to know your stay was pleasant. We love hearing you were pleased with our hotel amenities and service; I’m delighted your personal items were returned. I appreciate your honest feedback regarding room-service; your review helps us to monitor and improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay, and I will share your kind comments with the team.

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed there for a conference at the Shaw Centre next door (perfect location), and the hotel was great. The rooms were spacious, comfy and had good amenities. The hotel staff were helpful, too - loaning us umbrellas and helping us ship something at the end of our stay. The restaurant, however, needs some work. The food was good but the service wasn't very impressive. We had several business meetings during the week, and had to prompt the servers to refill water. And even after they knew we were expecting someone, they still didn't seat them - I had to go find the person myself!

Room Tip: The rooms on the river side would have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Our associates understand and believe that our valued guests deserve an exceptional stay and we will continue to push daily to find new ways to WOW our guests. I will be sure to share your very nice comments regarding our helpful staff and comfortable rooms with our team; they work hard to ensure guests have a pleasant stay. I appreciate you recognizing our strengths while providing us some areas of opportunity for improvement; my apologies for the service you received in our restaurant. It is feedback like yours which fosters improvement for future stays.

Salil Kulkarni, GM