“Excellent Hotel, Great Location!”

Courtyard Edmonton Downtown
Ranked #36 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent Hotel, Great Location!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I would recommend Courtyard Downtown Edmonton to everyone.
Very clean, and excellent service. Kyra Chernenkoff in particular went above and beyond helping me print off a few important documents, when the printer in the business center went down for a short time. She was also very helpful in preparing all the necessary options for me to get to the airport very early in the morning.
I'll definitely be coming here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Vegas8455
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for your review. I’m pleased to hear that our staff’s excellence in service exceeded your expectations and made for a truly fantastic experience. We have a great team comprised of dedicated associates that genuinely care about providing each guest with an exceptional stay. I’ll be certain to pass along your compliments to Kyra. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business trip. hotel was perfectly located in the city; service and food at the bistro was excellent. Having afternoon drink at the patio will feel you relax as view was amazing. I can say that it has the most nicest view in edmonton. My room has a very good view as well and clean. This hotel was highly recommended and for sure will be back soon with my family and this time for holiday.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank trishac08
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
trishac08,
Thank you for your review and high recommendations of Courtyard Edmonton. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your business trip and we're glad our location, service and property perfectly suited your travel needs. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights during first week of june & I all I can speak about is praises.
Loved the location as I was right in the center of the city. Great friendly team. Its nice to see the old way of welcoming a customer where there is a staff member assisting you with baggage & escorting you to the your room. Nice chocolate cookies at the reception & smiley people.
I wish I knew of river view rooms or I would have asked for one. Food was great & open patio seemed lively. I couldn't get a table as it was busy but Im sure it will be so much comfortable to be out in the sun.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
imp786,
Many thanks for your review and praise of the hospitality you experienced at Courtyard Edmonton. Our team takes pride in the level of service they provide and continuously strive to exceed guest expectations. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll return for another visit again soon. Thank you again!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Overall my stay at Courtyard downtown (Edmonton) was awesome. The food there is amazing. they have quite a variety of food and their breakfast buffet is huge. I was there on Mother's Day and they had special cake for all the mothers there which was cut by one of the mothers (guest in the hotel).
I read rest of the reviews and to comment on those people who think that the parking is expensive, I think they should not stay in Courtyard Marriott that too downtown and pick a motel or a cheap hotel. If you want all the convenience in the world then shell out some money.
I stayed in calgary marriott and it was $35 but obviously it was downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ShellyG1954,
We appreciate hearing from you and thank you for your complimentary review of Courtyard Edmonton Downtown. It is wonderful to hear of all the aspects that made for an excellent experience. I hope you'll have an opportunity to return for another visit with us again in the future. Thank you again!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I cant stop raving about the service I got when I was at this hotel. Everyone seems so engaged which makes you feel that there has been a lot of attention to detail and training. I stayed here for 4 days and everytime i had the slightest problem, it was rectified and the staff just went above and beyond to make sure i was not just happy but thrilled. Thank you to a few associates who I still remember. Her name was Kyra. Woww she seemed like a supervisor, not sure but was very efficient and helpful. So was the guy cleaning the restroom in the lobby. Very very hospitable and accomodating. The hotel has a great location, great view and a fascinating river facing outside lounge. But nothing is as promising as the staff that work here..."Lucky you managers"... You guys should be proud to have such people work at the hotel. Well done. Will visit soon , may be for a short trip but will always recommend it to my colleagues who come here on small projects.
I am a new marriot rewards member but my last 2 stays in Toronto at the airport and now here in Edmonton has made me a Courtyard fan. One small recommendation, if your parking fees can be lowered it may just help you boost morebusiness. I mean I know its downtown but sometimes when you have to pay out of your own pocket, it not fun to see it. Either ways your valet boys rock.. Very friendly and always willing, espcially the skinny asian guy who works during the afternoon..

Room Tip: Ask for high floor room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
chuzzymorris,
It is fantastic to hear about your pleasant stay and appreciation of our staff at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown. Your compliments and praise of the excellent service delivered during your stay reflects our team's genuine passion towards hospitality. I look forward to commending the efforts of our staff and recognizing Kyra for her exemplary customer service. Thank you again for writing. We look forward to your next visit!

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My impression of this hotel was 'best ever' upon check-in and getting into my room - bright, spacious, magnificent view, indded, very comfortable. My only two complaints were (a) service later in the evening in the restaurant, when it was NOT busy - I was kept waiting to be seated (dining alone - could not get attention of waitstaff), and when I was, service was slow as the waitress was entertaining her drunken boyfriend, and his buddies, and filled me in on the situation despite not having asked, but it did explain where all the attentiveness was being siphoned off; and (b) really, just a word of advice - unless you are fond of eating compost, DO NOT ORDER THE CAESAR SALAD. I suppose the cook thought s/he was being creative, but the 'salad' was actually 1/2 of an old romaine, grilled over a gas flame (very detectable gas taste) - yes, grilled - and the result was something I'd throw out rather than serve a guest. There was no mention or description of their 'unique' way of preparing this salad when I had ordered it. NOT GOOD. Fit only for garbage. Finally, a tip was double-charged on my VISA statement, corrected by VISA when there was no receipt to support it. Overall, great room/sleep, awful service.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. Beautiful, huge bath.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank kwoursin
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
kwoursin,
We value your feedback and thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I appreciate you recognizing our comfortable accommodations even though we fell short of exceeding your expectations in food and service. We changed the menu to include much more variety and we did change the caesar salad after receiving feedback from our guests.

We have addressed the issues you mentioned in service and assure you that improvements have been made. We take our guest feedback seriously and hope you will give us another chance. Thank you again.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We decided to try this hotel because of the special price it was offering a few days before a impromptu visit to Edmonton for the May long weekend. We were pleasantly greeted and served by both the valet and front desk clerk. Our room had a minimal view of the river but was nice and clean. The restaurant had a fabulous view and the waiter was wonderful. Our only negative comment is that the pillows were terrible. Those small chip foam pillows that scatter with the weight of your head so you are sleeping on basically the pillow case .... sore neck and uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Jojoie J,
Thank you for choosing Courtyard Edmonton. We appreciate your complimentary feedback on our friendly service and clean rooms, as well as opportunities for improvement. It's unfortunate to hear that our pillows did not meet your satisfaction and we sincerely apologize for any discomfort you experienced. I am excited to inform you that we just received our order for new pillows and we have new beds on the way as well. We're committed to your comfort and hope you'll return to see our updates. Thank you once again for writing.