Just had to write a review as this hotel has ignored my phone calls and emails and refuses to address my concerns.
First I was stuck in their elevator. Not for long, but enough to have a very rough ride to the main floor when it finally started up again. When I told the people at the service desk, no asked if I was okay, if I was in there long? They had no concern for me at all nor the problem so I walked back to my room on the 3rd floor.
The next morning the large glass door in the shower fell on me. It wasn't attached to the track and came crashing down.I twisted my back to catch it and kept it from hitting the tiles. Needless to say it was an extremely painful day as I was sitting at a conference for hours.
I notified the front desk and the valet came and put the door back in the track.
After all that, I was given a credit for my stay and later, via an email, came an offer of rewards.
Checking my credit card on line, I noticed the full charges as well as extra charges were evident and I thought I was being credited.
So they not only reneged on the credit they offered, they CHARGED me double for the parking and refuse to reverse even that charge on my credit card.
I even have a receipt showing the credits made to my account but the next day they reversed all the credits. After several phone calls they won't reverse the extra charges they made to my credit card at all. They refuse to call me or discuss this matter with me. I've asked several times to speak to the manager and when I am sent to his phone directory, it takes me to the restaurant.
It is the most unprofessional hotel I have been at and would not recommend it to anyone.
All I wanted was a nice place to stay so I could attend my conference. I didn't ask for the troubles this place gave me. The least they could do is fix this situation but they refuse.
The pillow case on the one bed in my room was covered in hair, the windows were filthy but the room itself was adequate. I ate in the restaurant and while the food was tasty and fresh, the chair was quite soiled and the windowsill was grimy. Not an appetizing spot to enjoy the view with dinner with all that dirt.
I would definitely go elsewhere next time. If they choose to rectify this situation, I would happily update this stating so.
Until then, STAY AWAY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This downtown Edmonton hotel is conveniently located next to Shaw Conference Centre and other Edmonton attractions. Experience the new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton Downtown hotel, Edmonton's foremost business-class hotel, specializing in casual riverside luxury. This Edmonton Downtown hotel features 177 tastefully appointed guestrooms with free WiFi and a mini-fridge for your convenience. Panoramic views of the river valley and our downtown business district add to the excitement of this magnificent Edmonton hotel. An excellent choice among Edmonton restaurants, our Riverside Bistro serves delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Meeting Rooms offer a spectacular view of the river valley with floor-to-ceiling windows. Facilitating groups of 2 - 100 people, our Meeting Rooms are designed to ensure that every need is met. Among Edmonton hotels and meeting facilities the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton Downtown stands above the rest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Reservation Counter, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Courtyard Edmonton Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Edmonton Downtown Hotel Edmonton
- Edmonton Courtyard
- Courtyard Edmonton Downtown Alberta