“Worst Customer Service Ever! Won't reverse Overcharges!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Edmonton Downtown

Courtyard Edmonton Downtown
Ranked #35 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Canada
“Worst Customer Service Ever! Won't reverse Overcharges!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Just had to write a review as this hotel has ignored my phone calls and emails and refuses to address my concerns.
First I was stuck in their elevator. Not for long, but enough to have a very rough ride to the main floor when it finally started up again. When I told the people at the service desk, no asked if I was okay, if I was in there long? They had no concern for me at all nor the problem so I walked back to my room on the 3rd floor.
The next morning the large glass door in the shower fell on me. It wasn't attached to the track and came crashing down.I twisted my back to catch it and kept it from hitting the tiles. Needless to say it was an extremely painful day as I was sitting at a conference for hours.
I notified the front desk and the valet came and put the door back in the track.
After all that, I was given a credit for my stay and later, via an email, came an offer of rewards.
Checking my credit card on line, I noticed the full charges as well as extra charges were evident and I thought I was being credited.
So they not only reneged on the credit they offered, they CHARGED me double for the parking and refuse to reverse even that charge on my credit card.
I even have a receipt showing the credits made to my account but the next day they reversed all the credits. After several phone calls they won't reverse the extra charges they made to my credit card at all. They refuse to call me or discuss this matter with me. I've asked several times to speak to the manager and when I am sent to his phone directory, it takes me to the restaurant.
It is the most unprofessional hotel I have been at and would not recommend it to anyone.
All I wanted was a nice place to stay so I could attend my conference. I didn't ask for the troubles this place gave me. The least they could do is fix this situation but they refuse.
The pillow case on the one bed in my room was covered in hair, the windows were filthy but the room itself was adequate. I ate in the restaurant and while the food was tasty and fresh, the chair was quite soiled and the windowsill was grimy. Not an appetizing spot to enjoy the view with dinner with all that dirt.
I would definitely go elsewhere next time. If they choose to rectify this situation, I would happily update this stating so.
Until then, STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Parking is expensive here. Customer service from managerial staff is poor. Rooms have a nice view of...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Shelaine39,
Thank you for writing and bringing your concerns to our attention again. I sincerely apologize for the service issues you experienced and I am very sorry for the short falls. Please know we have diligently looked into each item in order prevent future occurrences. When I did get a chance to look into the matter, I saw that there was an agreed upon compensation reflected on your guest check. I would still like to speak with you directly as we value your business and hope to resolve this issue. Please contact me at your earliest convenience via phone or email. Salil.Kulkarni@concordhotels.com. Thank you again.

Salil Kulkarni, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed there for four nights during march 2014.

The room was very clean well equipped.

Nevertheless, one would expect much more than a standard room from hotel that charges over 210 dollars per night (which do not include parking and breakfast).

Will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Roizak,
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you acknowledging our clean and well equipped accommodations even though the room charges failed to meet your expectations. I assure you that our pricing is in line with similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our central location and facilities. We hope you will reconsider your decision and join us again in the future. Thank you again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at this property. Great room, staff, lobby area. The parking was a bit tight, but since it was the weekend, I just parked on the street nearby and had no problems, since I was planning to drive a lot while in Edmonton. The location is right downtown and is easy walking distance to many restaurants and shops. It's only a short drive out to the Northlands Coliseum, (I know the name changed, but I'm not big on corporate sponsorship). I would definitely recommend this hotel to any and all travelers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank WillfromPhilly
WillfromPhilly,
Thank you for reflecting on your wonderful experience at Courtyard Edmonton. We’re pleased to have had you as our guest and glad our property and location was well suited for your travels. We appreciate your review and recommendation of our great hotel. Please visit us again in the future.

Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I've stayed here 3 times now, all great stays. The room size has been good, clean and wiht a nice view overlooking the valley. Valet guys are good with the parking and the front desk has always been helpful and efficient. It's been 2 years since I've been but with the perfect location to the LRT and the great rates I always procure, I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Wyntyre,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage with us at Courtyard Edmonton. It’s great to hear you’ve consistently enjoyed a great stay on each visit. We’re happy to be your number one choice hotel in Edmonton, and we hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I think one of the things I like the most about this place- besides the central downtown location, clean rooms, and proximity to the walking trails- is Zilfa and Chris in the restaurant in the morning. Talk about a nice start to your day!. Always upbeat, courteous and helpful, giving you fast service and making things right. For those on the Zone, order the egg white omelet with extra veg & ham and you will not be disappointed - or hungry.
Kudos also to the bar staff. Reasonable selection of wines, beer & scotch.
The front desk staff are welcoming and helpful. I had a taxi problem this last time round and the front desk staff resolved it for me without being asked. Just very helpful folks.

Room Tip: If you are going to be there for a few nights, take the river view room with the spa tub. 7th and 9t...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Xisplayer2013,
We appreciate your review and continued patronage with us at Courtyard Edmonton. Incredible reflections regarding our staff’s excellence in service highlight our goal of providing a memorable stay for each guest. Zilfa and Chris make sincere hospitality their priority, and I will be certain to award each with a special commendation for their outstanding service. Thank you once again for writing a review. We hope to extend our hospitality to you again soon.

Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed here with my mom and sister in December for a girls weekend. The location was great if wanting to be downtown. Right beside that Shaw center and a short walk to the Winspear. The front desk staff were fantastic! They were probably the friendliest staff I have ever had at a hotel. Parking was valet and was a couple dollars less than the public parking outside. We were only supposed to have a standard room, but because it was not full, they upgraded us to a better room with a full window panoramic view of the river.
The room has been updated and has great decor and was very clean.
This is a great option if staying downtown Edmonton as long as you are prepared to pay around $20/day for parking.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenna_12Alberta
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Jenna_12Alberta
Thank you for choosing Courtyard Edmonton for your girls weekend. We appreciate your compliments regarding our excellence in service, and we're glad our location perfectly suited your travel needs. We thank you again for your great review and hope to extend our hospitality to you and your family again in the future.

Fremont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

It is a very nice, clean hotel. I have been staying in this hotel on & off for last one year. I have stayed in different rooms with the river view, city view and room with jacuzzi. The king sized bed is so comfy and the sitting couch and chairs made it a perfect area to sit with friends who are in the room next to me. It has fast speed internet as well as the fitness center. I would definitely recommend this hotel! Also, Zilfa the server at the restaurant is so efficient and kind!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Shashank T,
Thank you for your continued patronage and feedback from your experience at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown. It's fantastic to know that you consistently enjoy a comfortable stay and find our accommodations and service to meet your satisfaction. I'll be certain to recognize Zilfa with a special commendation for the outstanding service delivered during your visits. Thank you again for your review and recommendations of our great hotel. We look forward to your next visit.