Recently spent a frigid week at this hotel. The room was big and with glass on two sides some very good views of the river and downtown. However there was problems with the heat in the room and after two cold nights I had them provide me with an electric portable heater. In talking to the heating repair guy he said in cold weather it was hard to generate enough hot air to reach the upper floors, I was on the 12th floor.
Service was very good but I was surprised that no in room safes and I had to use a safety deposit box at the main desk area. The box was also very small so my laptop had no chance of fitting.
The breakfast buffet was adequate but a bit boring and did not vary at all from one day to the next and the restaurant prices for dinner were a bit high. There were lots of restaurants in the area however and I found a favorite in Sherlock Holms pub
The location was great with a short one block walk to the underground pedestrian walk way and another short one block walk underground to the LRT system. The city center shopping mall and movie theater two blocks away.
If in town I would stay there again, but ask for portable heater in the winter when I checked in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This downtown Edmonton hotel is conveniently located next to Shaw Conference Centre and other Edmonton attractions. Experience the new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton Downtown hotel, Edmonton's foremost business-class hotel, specializing in casual riverside luxury. This Edmonton Downtown hotel features 177 tastefully appointed guestrooms with free WiFi and a mini-fridge for your convenience. Panoramic views of the river valley and our downtown business district add to the excitement of this magnificent Edmonton hotel. An excellent choice among Edmonton restaurants, our Riverside Bistro serves delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Meeting Rooms offer a spectacular view of the river valley with floor-to-ceiling windows. Facilitating groups of 2 - 100 people, our Meeting Rooms are designed to ensure that every need is met. Among Edmonton hotels and meeting facilities the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton Downtown stands above the rest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Courtyard Edmonton Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Edmonton Downtown Hotel Edmonton
- Edmonton Courtyard
- Courtyard Edmonton Downtown Alberta