“another satisfying stay”

Courtyard Edmonton Downtown
Ranked #36 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed November 20, 2013

stayed here twice for 5 nights each time while on business. very reasonable rates for a downtown hotel. a relatively new property with very clean and comfortable rooms. a good location for downtown office buildings and restaurants, and located right beside the Shaw conference centre. Starbucks within 2 blocks and Sobey's (grocery store) about 6 blocks away. Wi-fi is reliable. I'll definitely stay here again when in Edmonton.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Vacationbug87,
Thank you for your review and returned visits with us at Courtyard Edmonton. We're happy to hear that our clean accommodations and great location add comfort and convenience to your business travels. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest on your next trip to Edmonton. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I cannot compliment the staff at this hotel enough. They are professional, welcoming, and efficient. I have been staying here on & off for almost a year and these folks bend over backwards to be helpful and engaging. Can't say enough good things about the staff.
Rooms are excellently appointed and very clean. If budget allows, go for the North Saskatchewan River view. You may even see a moose swimming upstream.
Food is very good but a few more "light" menu choices would be appreciated. Very good breakfast buffet or a la carte. Nice bar area. Enterprise car rental right next door.
Never any hassle about storing a bag for us repeat residents.
if you are staying a weekend, or have a free night, try a walk in the river valley right below. If you are a music/play/art buff, it is all within 2 blocks of the hotel. great restaurants around within walking distance.

Room Tip: Use the high speed internet access - it may cost a few $ but is worth it. If you have a car, the val...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Xisplayer2013,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience at Courtyard Edmonton. It's fantastic to hear all the aspects that make your repeat stays enjoyable. We thank you for your compliments regarding our hotel, but more importantly, our staff. Each member of our team strives daily to provide an exceptional stay for each guest with genuine and hospitable service. We enjoy having you as our guest, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you once again for your review and continued patronage.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was staying 2 night ( 24th-26th october ) in Edmonton, and I decided to book this hotel, because my father was always staying here when he was on a business trip in Edmonton, and he said it was great hotel.
Well he was mostly right. I explain why :

The location of the hotel is really fantastic, close to the city centre, the city centre mall, the Art Museum, pubs ( Sherlock Holmes Pub is very close, and great for pints ) the river etc. The staff of the hotel was very nice and professional too. The check-in was very fast, I had a room on the 7th floor facing the elevator, normally I hate rooms next to the elevator, but this elevator was quite calm. The problem with my room was the shaking, yes shaking, i was 30 minutes in my room and suddenly my room started to shake, the walls and the floor started to vibrate and there was a weird noise too, I first thought that was the electrical room next to my room. But after 10 minutes I decided to call the reception,and 5 minutes later someone from maintenance was in my room, and said to me oh now I see you've good that room just below the fitness room, so he explained to me , this shaking is when someone in the fitness room is exercicing on the machines. Ok well so I said to myself well ok I keep that room, people will certainly just exercice during the day , but well big mistake the fitness room is open 24/7 ( when they sell a room like this, then they should close the fitness during the night, and if they really need a 24/7 fitness room, then relocate it somewhere else!! ( like the basement ), where it's not disturbing people when they want to sleep ) and shortly after 11.30 pm, the shaking was back and even worse. Before complaining at the lobby again, I went up to the eight floor, and there were really 3 guys in the fitness room, who does fitness in a hotel at that time, really???? I packed my luggage went down to the lobby, and asked for a roomchange, because I was tired. This time it took a little time for the receptionist to find me a room, like the one I booked, so finally a little after midnight I had my "quiet" room, this time on the 4th floor, and I could sleep. I write "quiet" like this because it was only quiet most the time, there was a group in the hotel with teenagers, and those teenagers ran all the time from one room to another room, and they were chatting very loud all night long in the corridor. They were only a litte more quiet when I went outside to tell them to shut up, because it was like 2 a.m . The hotel should maybe talk to the responsables when they have a group with teenagers, that they need to be quiet after a certain time.
But overall, this was a good hotel, and if I will be a day again in Edmonton, I would certainly book the hotel. Maybe next time, everything will be fine
PS free Wifi in rooms too

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Timlux,
Thank you for writing. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the noisy disturbances and resulting inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Please know your valuable comments regarding the fitness center hours will be taken into consideration for improving our guest experience. We're glad you liked our hotel otherwise and found our friendly service and central location to meet your satisfaction. We value you as our guest and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you once again for writing..

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very comfortable rooms, good wi-fi, nice TVs with cable. Very good exercise room. Convenient and central location next to the Shaw Conference Centre & off Jasper Avenue. Good restaurant on site. Fresh coffee in the morning in the lobby. Complimentary Globe & Mail newspaper. Comfy queen beds and nice toiletries. Lovely view of the rivei valley from that side of the hotel. I would return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Calgary-woman,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience at Courtyard Edmonton. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we're glad our comfortable accommodations and value added amenities made for an enjoyable stay. It's great to hear our central location was well suited for your travels and you enjoyed the beautiful views of river valley. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Came to Edmonton for (Canadian) Thanksgiving and had a great weekend. The location is great if you want to explore downtown, get to Old Strathcona easily, and overlooks the North Saskatchewan River. Our views of the river were great, the room clean and bright with a comfortable bed, nice size bathroom and high ceilings. The valet parking was cheaper than the public parking lot ($23/day vs $33/day) and worthwhile. We would happily stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Kathleen K,
We appreciate you choosing Courtyard Edmonton, and we're glad you enjoyed your weekend stay. It's great to hear that our clean and comfortable accommodations met your satisfaction, and you found our location well suited for your travels and exploring all that downtown has to offer. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again in the near future. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The hotel is located right downtown Edmonton. We had a large room with a kingsize bed and a great view of the Saskatchewan River. The bed was comfortable, this is always one of my top concerns. The bathroom was quite large but unfortunately there was very little counter top due to a pedestal sink, so we struggled on finding space for the toiletry bags, appliances etc. Not sure if all rooms are configured the same. We booked two rooms under the website deals for free breakfast for one room and the car stays for free under the other. These were good values though the front desk personnel had to go and find the day manager to ensure we received all of the deal particulars upon checkout. Seems not all of the front desk staff were aware of the promotions. During our visit Jasper Avenue was under construction and it was quite frustrating to get to and from the hotel during our visit. The local downtown farmers market was a 5 minute walk from the hotel on Sunday morning and Friday night there was a live band planning in the same location. Hotel is more in the business district so the streets were fairly quite at night. It is roughly a 30 drive to West Edmonton Mall from the hotel, due to construction.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a view of the River. Bring your own hairdryer the one we had was really only go...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Diana D,
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your stay. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our accommodations to meet your satisfaction. I apologize for the areas that we fell short of exceeding your expectations and for any frustrations you experienced due to the construction. We value you as our guest and appreciate you choosing Courtyard Edmonton. We hope you'll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place did well in all categories. Room was clean and well appointed, restaurant was reasonably priced (which is a change!), and the view over the river valley can't be beat. Convenient little business centre with free printing was nice.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the valley have a MUCH nicer view than the parking lot, but the sleep quality is t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Mark B,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback from your stay at Courtyard Edmonton. It's great to hear our clean accommodations, variety of amenities, and wonderful view of the river valley made for an enjoyable stay. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon. Thank you again for writing.