“Clean Hotel-Small Bathrooms”

Ranked #34 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Winnipeg, Canada
“Clean Hotel-Small Bathrooms”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on business in February . The rooms are clean but the bathrooms are tiny. the bathroom door actually hits the sink when you open the door. Good breakfast at the buffet for approximately $15.00. free wifi and has a good signal strength. The beds are great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a larger bathroom if possible.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Luckyduck69,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Courtyard while visiting Edmonton. I'm glad you liked our clean, comfortable rooms as well as our delicious breakfast buffet. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll stop and visit us again.
Tina Norgaard, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
Port Dover, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Most of the hotel has been renovated and the new rooms are great. The staff were all fantastic and so helpfull. The restaurant has been totally revamped including the menu and staff. Great food at reasonabvle prices

Room Tip: A room on the back facing the river valley
1 Thank Yesforscotland
Aurorarocks,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Courtyard and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our new look, terrific staff, and delicious food. Your compliments are appreciated, and we hope you'll come and visit us again soon. Thanks again.
Edmonton
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Room was nice. What I would expect of a Marriott. Not quite as nice as London or Malaysia or Paris, but nice just the same. What I didn't expect was to buy 3 double lemon hart rums, and the 3rd one was from the bottom shelf. The service in the dining room was poor, I had to send my steak back. Ordered rare chicgo style, they couldn't cook it the way I wanted so just made due with out asking my opinion. My wife ordered rare prime rib and that came out medium. I certainly will not be going back to this Marriott any time soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Tisdale_ramblin_man,
Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from Courtyard. The little details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your trip. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Renovated rooms were a big draw here, as were the views and central location.

A good value and some nice room variety for frequent travelers, city or valley views.

Head next door to the Fairmont for an outstanding lounge and drinks after a busy, cold day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
TFKinPS,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown. I'm glad your visit with us was pleasant and you liked our new look. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Edmonton. Safe travels.
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I've been coming to this hotel now for years for Teacher's Convention because of its location and I've really noticed that each year, it seems to be getting more expensive and the rooms are getting smaller and smaller. The room I had this year was tiny. My TV was broken and bless the poor maintenance guy that had to fix it! He was such a nice guy but it was very frustrating. I had left the hotel in the morning and told front desk about the problem and they sent someone but I honestly don't know how long the first guy looked at it. So when I got back to my room expecting a nice, relaxing break, I had to watch for an hour as a maintenance guy (who was really nice) fixed my TV. Why the first guy hadn't stayed with it until it was fixed, I don't know. The saving grace of this place is that the people working there are really nice. I know it isn't their fault for things breaking down but 2 days and close to $500 later, you expect a little better.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Lani B,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Courtyard each time you visit our area. I apologize for the TV not working in your room and for the disruption this caused you during your visit. I'm glad our staff was able to assist and you thought they were really nice. We value you as our guest and hope you'll continue to stay with us when traveling to Edmonton. See you soon.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Booked very last minute as plans to be in downtown Edmonton was made in haste. Staff were very friendly and accomodating. They managed to grant us our requesy for a high floor. We ended up on the 10th floor with an awesome view of the river and valey beyond. The front desk staff organized our bvalet parking as well. Room was very clean though not really soundproof. We could hear other guests' movement in the hallway. Restaurant was nice with magnificent views. The convenience shop was quite basic and not well stocked at the time we peeked in. Overall, this is a great place to stay and I definitely will return and recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river and valley. You get a one of the best views of Edmonton this way.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
islandyuppie,
Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted to have had you stay with us at Courtyard, and we're glad your visit was pleasant. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed the wonderful views from your room as well as the restaurant. Each season brings its own beauty! We appreciate your recommendation and hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us. Safe travels.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Thermostat was at 32 degrees for 30 hrs and room was still freezing. Couldn't go in to washroom bare feet. Not even that cold in Edmonton at time. Amenities in room (shampoo, conditioner and hand cream were already used and not changed).
Very disappointed...

Stayed December 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Aztec37,
Thank you for your review. We value your business, and we're glad you chose to stay with us at Courtyard. I apologize for your room not warming up properly as well as the amenities not being changed out. Your feedback is value to me and I will make sure to review your comments with our staff. We welcome you to come and visit us again as we hope to provide a more positive experience.