Courtyard Edmonton Downtown
$116
$109
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvalet parkingcourtyard marriottthe shaw conference centreoverlooking the rivercorner roomfront desk staffroom was spacious and cleanper daymain floortwo queen bedsbuffet breakfastbusiness tripconventionlinensconcertcanadamall
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Room was nice. What I would expect of a Marriott. Not quite as nice as London or Malaysia or Paris, but nice just the same. What I didn't expect was to buy 3 double lemon hart rums, and the 3rd one was from the bottom shelf. The service in the dining room was poor, I had to send my steak back. Ordered rare chicgo style, they couldn't cook it the way I wanted so just made due with out asking my opinion. My wife ordered rare prime rib and that came out medium. I certainly will not be going back to this Marriott any time soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Tisdale_ramblin_man,
Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from Courtyard. The little details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your trip. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Renovated rooms were a big draw here, as were the views and central location.

A good value and some nice room variety for frequent travelers, city or valley views.

Head next door to the Fairmont for an outstanding lounge and drinks after a busy, cold day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

TFKinPS,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown. I'm glad your visit with us was pleasant and you liked our new look. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Edmonton. Safe travels.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've been coming to this hotel now for years for Teacher's Convention because of its location and I've really noticed that each year, it seems to be getting more expensive and the rooms are getting smaller and smaller. The room I had this year was tiny. My TV was broken and bless the poor maintenance guy that had to fix it! He was such a nice guy but it was very frustrating. I had left the hotel in the morning and told front desk about the problem and they sent someone but I honestly don't know how long the first guy looked at it. So when I got back to my room expecting a nice, relaxing break, I had to watch for an hour as a maintenance guy (who was really nice) fixed my TV. Why the first guy hadn't stayed with it until it was fixed, I don't know. The saving grace of this place is that the people working there are really nice. I know it isn't their fault for things breaking down but 2 days and close to $500 later, you expect a little better.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Lani B,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Courtyard each time you visit our area. I apologize for the TV not working in your room and for the disruption this caused you during your visit. I'm glad our staff was able to assist and you thought they were really nice. We value you as our guest and hope you'll continue to stay with us when traveling to Edmonton. See you soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Booked very last minute as plans to be in downtown Edmonton was made in haste. Staff were very friendly and accomodating. They managed to grant us our requesy for a high floor. We ended up on the 10th floor with an awesome view of the river and valey beyond. The front desk staff organized our bvalet parking as well. Room was very clean though not really soundproof. We could hear other guests' movement in the hallway. Restaurant was nice with magnificent views. The convenience shop was quite basic and not well stocked at the time we peeked in. Overall, this is a great place to stay and I definitely will return and recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river and valley. You get a one of the best views of Edmonton this way.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

islandyuppie,
Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted to have had you stay with us at Courtyard, and we're glad your visit was pleasant. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed the wonderful views from your room as well as the restaurant. Each season brings its own beauty! We appreciate your recommendation and hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us. Safe travels.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Thermostat was at 32 degrees for 30 hrs and room was still freezing. Couldn't go in to washroom bare feet. Not even that cold in Edmonton at time. Amenities in room (shampoo, conditioner and hand cream were already used and not changed).
Very disappointed...

Stayed: December 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Aztec37,
Thank you for your review. We value your business, and we're glad you chose to stay with us at Courtyard. I apologize for your room not warming up properly as well as the amenities not being changed out. Your feedback is value to me and I will make sure to review your comments with our staff. We welcome you to come and visit us again as we hope to provide a more positive experience.