“Good location; average room”

Courtyard Edmonton Downtown
Ranked #35 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Vancouver, Canada
“Good location; average room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

In town on business and the location is very good for access to the downtown core and convention centre. The room was average at best. Furnishings are adequate. Bed is acceptable but not the most comfortable. The wifi is very iffy; cut out frequently during the week, as did the TV for that matter. The bathroom was large, clean, and everything worked as it should.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I was very dissapointed with my stay at the Courtyard Marriott Edmonton. The service was very poor. No one was able to help with luggage when I arrived or departed. I couldn't even find a luggage cart. We had problems with our bill. The card keys never worked and I had to keep getting a new card. When they brought my car up they left it unlocked and unattended in the parking lot. I wasn't impressed at all. I have stayed at the Marriott in Calgary and have never had a problem so I was very surprised!

Room Tip: Ask for a large room when you check in. The rooms are really small.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Adrienne G
, Manager at Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Adrienne G, I’d like to apologize for the problems you had during your stay. We pride ourselves on great service and the issues you brought to my attention are very disheartening. I will bring your concerns up with our team and we will work together to find solutions to ensure our guests have great experiences when they stay with us. I do hope you’ll give us another try when visiting Edmonton.
Regards,
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel when traveling on business. The room and bathroom were very spacious! The room was clean and very quiet. The only problem was the wifi was not very stable. It worked sometimes. The bar/lounge at the hotel was very convenient for a late evening drink with colleagues and the front desk staff were friendly with a quick check-in and check-out. The front desk also sold water and snacks which was very convenient. If I need to return to downtown Edmonton, I will certainly go back to the Courtyard.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your review and recommendation NV! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Yours truly,
Grande Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Overall comfortable stay. Bathroom was clean and plumbing was good. The room and bathroom were both spacious and well-kept. Valet service was very prompt. Exercise room was modern and tidy. Too bad they had no pool...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so very much Kwonger for writing a review and your continued loyalty! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area!

Thanks again,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Quiet hotel, lovely rooms and good Buffett breakfast. View from the restaurant, bar and outdoor area is beautiful and relaxing. Bar area is comfortable and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2012
Thanks you Spirit1278 for your review and recommendation of your recent stay at the Courtyard Edmonton! I’m glad you found out hotel accommodating. We look forward to your next visit.

Enjoy your summer,
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

The Marriott Courtyard is set downtown overlooking the North Saskatchewan River.
It's in a great spot for checking out a lot of attractions like the Muttart Conservatory, Art Gallery,
the Legislature, shopping centers,and restaurants. The Shaw Conference Center is next door.
Walking paths along the river are close by,
The rooms are clean, the beds comfy and the river side views beautiful.
The view from the restaurant /lounge is also wonderful. The food was good.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us Karen D; we greatly appreciate your loyalty and taking the time to share your comments. We take pride in our hotel and are pleased that it shows. We hope to see you on your next visit to Edmonton.

All the best,
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

A group of friends and I stayed here this past weekend. We were in town for a concert and this was one of the hotels that the concert had a group rate for. We picked this hotel mainly based on price and because the reviews from Trip Advisor appeared to be decent.

I honestly expected nothing much from the hotel except that I wanted a clean place to sleep and a hot shower. We weren't looking for anything fancy or with frills. I would say that this hotel met all my expectations.

The hotel is located in downtown Edmonton in a central location next to the Shaw Conference Center and other points of interest. You can take a really nice walk by the North Saskatchewan River, when the weather is nice. The hotel was recently been renovated which we discovered upon our arrival. I was quite pleased with the hotel and our rooms as everything was clean, bright and decorated in a simple modern design.

I had initially booked a king bed plus a sofa bed but we lucked out and got a river view room with two queens because they ran out of the other rooms. Our room was large and spacious. The beds were comfortable and they gave us plenty of pillows (5 per double bed). Everything seemed to be in good condition and clean. I particularly loved the shower because it had one of those curved shower rods that gave you more space in the shower. The shower faucet pressure was perfect. The four of us took showers back to back in the morning and the hot water and water pressure lasted throughout. The bathroom was also nice and spacious with plenty of counter space to store your toiletries. I wish there was a fan in the bathroom to clear up the humidity but that is only a minor concern. We were also missing the hair dryer in our room but we called the front desk and they brought one up to us shortly.

Valet parking at the hotel is $20.95 per day plus GST with unlimited in/out privileges. I had read from other reviewers to try and find street parking or other parking lots nearby but there was very limited street parking and the parking lots nearby were almost comparable in price as the hotel valet. So we just went with the hotel valet parking. I recommend calling the front desk 5-10 minutes before you head down so that they'll have your car ready. On busy days, it takes a bit longer to get your car and this avoids waiting around in the lobby.

The hotel comes with complimentary wifi which we all loved. The signal strength and access for the wifi was strong and all of us were able to connect with our various iDevices.

I do want to point out one negative that occurred just as we were on our way out the door. We were doing one last check to make sure we didn't leave anything behind and one of my friends found this rolled up ball of clothing just under the bedskirt on the floor (we think it's a pair of boxers but not 100% sure as we didn't want to touch it) We knew it didn't belong to any of us so naturally, it must have been the previous guests. We were slightly disturbed because it made us wonder how thoroughly they cleaned or checked the rooms...

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would definitely come back to Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton again the next time I am in town.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends