I spent a weekend at the Courtyard Edmonton Downtown, and I was very impressed by what this hotel has to offer.
I had a room with a king bed overlooking the river valley, and the view was very impressive. Even the bathroom had a window with the same soaring view.
The room was comfortable, clean and well appointed. It had a flat-screen TV, a coffee maker, an in-room safe and a small desk. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spacious and clean.
Note that this is an older hotel and it is a little bit worn out in places. My room carpet was uneven in some spots, and some furniture has scuff and scratch marks. On the whole it is very well kept, but it does not have a pristine, untouched feeling if that's what you're looking for.
The hotel itself has a nice little restaurant on the main floor - nice, but nothing fancy. The same can be said for the gym, which is on the 8th floor and features some treadmills, ellipticals, stair climber, bike and dumbbells. There is a small business center on the main floor and there is no charge for internet access.
The Courtyard's location is great. It is situated just off Jasper Avenue in close proximity to Churchill Square (the heart of downtown Edmonton) and very close to two LRT (subway) stations and multiple bus routes including the super-express bus to West Edmonton Mall. The only downside to the central location is the fact that parking is pricey in the hotel's lot, and alternatives are hard to find. To save a few bucks, I parked overnight on the street a few blocks away. It's easy enough to do that on a weekend, but weekdays will probably be trickier.
All things considered, I would happily come back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This downtown Edmonton hotel is conveniently located next to Shaw Conference Centre and other Edmonton attractions. Experience the new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton Downtown hotel, Edmonton's foremost business-class hotel, specializing in casual riverside luxury. This Edmonton Downtown hotel features 177 tastefully appointed guestrooms with free WiFi and a mini-fridge for your convenience. Panoramic views of the river valley and our downtown business district add to the excitement of this magnificent Edmonton hotel. An excellent choice among Edmonton restaurants, our Riverside Bistro serves delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Meeting Rooms offer a spectacular view of the river valley with floor-to-ceiling windows. Facilitating groups of 2 - 100 people, our Meeting Rooms are designed to ensure that every need is met. Among Edmonton hotels and meeting facilities the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton Downtown stands above the rest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Courtyard Edmonton Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Edmonton Downtown Hotel Edmonton
- Edmonton Courtyard
- Courtyard Edmonton Downtown Alberta