“Nothing special”

Local Public Eatery
Ranked #235 of 2,416 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edmonton, Canada
“Nothing special”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend were around the area so we thought we'd try something new.. Well to much of our dismay we decided to go there... The service was atrocious... We waited so long for menus, drinks, food, drink refills and then we had to stick around as they were having machine payment troubles ( I get its not there fault but just made things so inconvenient) my boyfriends burger was raw and cold so they brought it back and got a new one and my tacos were drenched in oil.. Quite the disappointment. Then the prices were a little pricey for what you get ( quantity and quality) so overall I don't think I'd go back there.

• Visited February 2013

Edmonton, Canada
“Unexpected but Pleasant Surprise!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I wanted to go out for a date night on Friday and unfortunately the original restaurant we wanted to go to had a waiting time of 45 minutes for a table, as did the second place and by chance we ended up at this place. Short wait time which worked for us and we weren't too picky by this point.

First impressions, the restaurant looked nice from the outside and as you walk in, you're greeted with music, tons of flat panel TV's everywhere (with sports playing on all of them) and lots of people laughing and enjoying themselves so good start. The seating and décor is very casual with wide plank wood floors and a barn/outdoorsy kind of feel. You'll find folks in cowboy hats, jeans, hockey jersey's to nicer casual wear so the range is quite diverse. Seating is nicely spaced out so you don't feel crowded to other tables.

How's the food? Honestly, it was great! This was not what we expected and were more than pleasantly surprised. We had the calamari which is done differently (bit of a fusion idea here with your traditional calamari appy combined with some deep fried ginger and hot pepper seeds. Quite good. Dry ribs were quite decent but the one that really stood out was the Ahi Tuna salad. If you want something that's a bit healthier and somewhat light, this is the dish (as long as you like Ahi Tuna). I highly recommend it. As for desert, they only serve one thing. Chocolate chip cookies. They're made to order so very fresh when they get to your table (still warm and gooey). Think "one bite brownie" but in a cookie format.

Any tips? If you go on game night (Oilers, Eskimos, etc.), it's busy and loud between the patrons and music so don't go there expecting to find a "quiet corner" as you won't but if you want a laid back, casual fun evening with great food, this was a very nice option and prices aren't bad either.

Highly recommend to anyone wanting a casual, laid back place, kick-your-feet-up type place.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great food, service in a casual sports bar setting”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Love this restaurant....when you walk in the sign says "please do not wait to be seated" ...they have a huge variety of beer and a full bar. A lot of tv's for whatever sport you want to watch. The service was spot on. I waited less than a minute before a server approached my table. I ordered the Ahi Tuna Club with Yam Fries which was delicious!!!! My server checked back regularly and was very polite. I would definitely go back again.

• Visited April 2013
“Great Place For Friends or Date Night”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on a date night last night to this restaurant. We chose it because it was something different and because it was within walking distance to the theatre.

Cost:
3 appys (instead of meals), 1 beer, 3 speciality drinks (in a boot!), and 1 dessert later, we only forget out $63 plus tip. Great deal!!

Food Quality:
Nachos were great. I usually hate Mexican Style but this was really good. Dumplings were really good. Portion size was okay. I wanted more! Calamari was lacking. Way too spicey and all mixed in with greens. I had to fish out the calamari. Cookies and ice cream dessert was good.

Service:
We were served by a really great blonde girl. She was genuinely friendly, prompt, didn't over-serve or under-serve us. Just great.

Overall:
This place is going to get busy- fast!! Get in while you still can.

• Visited April 2013
Benoni, South Africa
“Breakfast very good..”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went for breakfast, the french toast was excellent, the rest had the eggs benidic which they enjoyed, the service can be better, was a bit slow, but they were quite busy and we weren`t in a hurry, love the atmosphere and the casual decor. Will surely eat there again..

• Visited January 2013