“Excellent Food, the service could have been better”

Local Public Eatery
Ranked #203 of 2,513 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was our second lunch here and I was excited to try more menu items and was not disappointed. Who knew you could find such an excellent fish taco in Alberta. It was very messy and worth every bite. The flavours and presentation were great. The Ahi Tuna Salad was also tasty, and full of a variety of flavours (avacado, potato, radish, kalmata olives just to name a few) that all worked good together. My husband had the deluxe burger with fries and commented it was the best burger he had had in years. Our only complaint was the service. Our waitress disappeared after taking our order, and after our food arrived we had to wait a while before we received any cutlery. The atmosphere is casual but nicely done and clean. Can't wait to try some more menu items.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Love this place! Food is always good, lots of great beers on tap and a neat atmosphere. We frequent Local for our date nights and it's one of our favourite spots for a decent meal at a good price.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Today was our second time visiting Local and we WILL NEVER BE GOING BACK. We thought we would give it another shot after our first bad experience there, but today proved to be a much worse experience. Today, much like the first time, the service was horrible. I had to ask for a coffee refill three times, similar to having to ask for ketchup 3 times on our prior visit. Our server was never around and when she was billing us she was extremely disinterested. Our food took a good 35-45 minute to come out, the same as last time. When it did come out it came in spurts, my plate coming first with one eggs benny and then 3 other bennys and finally the last one, 10 minutes later. Four out of the six of us today ate the hash browns and were left with VERY upset stomachs afterwards, we think due to the amount of oil and onion/ spices they use in them. All of our eggs benedicts were cold to the touch, the same thing also happened on our last visit. The only plate worth mentioning was my steak and eggs, which while very tasty, my steak was also cold to the touch. My eggs were lukewarm, if that. My friend got 2 tomato slices for her benny and when the bill came, we saw a charge of $3.25 for them. When our server finally came around to take payment, we asked her about this and she tried to make us feel like idiots by telling us that it was a "special variety" of tomatoes and that was why they were expensive. The "special variety" was not ripe, still green, and was only two slices. We pointed this out and the server laughed at us and proceeded to take payment. As a server myself, if a customer complained about something so minute in the scheme of things I would take it off of the bill, no questions asked. Needless to say we were not impressed, will never be going back, and will be taking our business elsewhere.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Have visited this location several times now and everything has been very consistent. Great food, drink and service! Have not been there for dinner yet, just lunch, breakfast and snack. Have been very impresed with the overall quality in all aspects. One previous review commented on the eggs benedict and I could'nt agree more! Give this place a try and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We went here for breakfast and had the eggs Benedict. Delicious! Best I have ever had! It is served with roasted garlic potatoes that is also yum! Service was fast and friendly! Will definitely visit again!