“Its just ok”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Daawat Authentic Indian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Daawat Authentic Indian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #326 of 2,513 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Ordered food for delivery and i was not impressed. I guess its OK as long as you don't have other good Indian food to compare it to. I wouldn't eat there again.

Salar R, Manager at Daawat Authentic Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Thank you for the review, Pbeigbabai. We'll make sure that you enjoy a 5 star experience next time.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We love going to Daawat--the service is friendly, and they have a good selection of beers. We've ordered delivery from them once, but the best deal by far is the buffet. The food is always hot and plentiful, and there are lots of delicious vegetarian options. Naan arrives at your table hot from the oven, and the staff are attentive but not overbearing.

Glad you liked the food as well as the service. See you soon next time!

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I'm no restaurant critic, but I am a growing fan of Indian food and this was the best I've had in Edmonton. Their naan bread and fish Pakora were excellent, and the butter chicken comes with healthy chunks in a thick sauce. Also impressive were buffet dishes I hadn't seen before in other local establishments. The service was friendly and prompt, and prices; though not low, were competative.

1  Thank skycare

Glad you liked the food as well as the service, Skycare. See you soon next time!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have a love-hate relationship with buffet dining. I love that I can just have a little of this, and a little of that with no commitment. But I always end up eating too much, and regretting it later!

The staff are always friendly at Daawat. There are no pretensions here. The decor is exactly what you would expect. I always giggle at the tiny orange couches, which are perfect for my short legs, but my 6'3" son always seems to be eating with his knees around his ears!

I love the endless baskets of naan bread (and hate them later) in 3 flavours (who can resist). The salads are always interesting. The food is great for a buffet, if a little homogenous. You will have had better butter chicken, and you will have worse.

I love the International beer buffet, but can never choose! So we generally have a few, just to be sure.

The place is always busy, but never a long wait. Food is always plentiful, hot and fresh. The beer is always cold. They offer Groupons from time to time, even though they don't really need to.

Who can ask for more?

1  Thank VicletSmith

Glad you liked the food as well as the service, Viclet. See you soon next time!

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I took my two children here on a Sunday evening. We were seated promptly and offered the regular menu or buffet.
We all three choose the buffet.
There was a great selection of hot fresh food, as well as many vegetarian options.
Our server offered us three different types of Naan bread that would be made fresh for our table. We chose the garlic Naan, and it was refilled after we quickly devoured it.
Excellent Service, Beer selection, and food. The Buffet was very reasonably priced for what it offered, it was under $20 per person.
We Will be back!

1  Thank glassgoddess1

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed your time here. Hoping to seeing you soon again!