“Do not stay here.”
Review of Yellowhead Inn

Yellowhead Inn
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I am a single mother that unfortunatly stayed at the Yellowhead a while back. My daughter and I had to come to Edmonton for a funeral and booked a room at the Yelliwhead for two nights. When we arrived the front desk was pretty good and checked us in. We proceeded to our room and found a very old, stale, smoke smelling room, with people yelling at each other in the hall way. I did not feel safe at all. I called the front desk to ask for security to be informed that there wasn't any. So we stayed in our room until in got quiet. My daughter and I wanted to go down to the resturaunt to eat. On the way down my daughter was approached by a very intoxicated man in the hall way and had to run back to the room where I was. I took here and when back to the front desk to tell them about the issue. There I met Tristan. He said that he was the manager.
ATTENTION FAMILIES!!!!!! THIS EXCUSE FOR A MANAGER TRISTAN! !!! PROCEEDED TO EMBERRAS MY DAUGHTER AND I AND MAKE FUN OF ME IN FRONT OF HER, SAYING THAT I SHOULD HAVE BOOKED A RENOVATED ROOM BECAUSE THERE ARE quote, BETTER PEOPLE OVER THERE! I told him that I couldnt afford the extra. HE LAUGHED AT ME AND SAID THATS NOT HIS PROBLEM! What kind of a MANAGER says that to anyone, and doesnt care about he going ons in his dump of a motel. We went back to our room packed our thing and left. TRIATAS EVEN REFUSED TO GIVE US BACK OUR DEPOSIT!!!
THIS WAS ONE OF THE WORST EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE!! I have never been so humiliated in my lfe.

Room Tip: Single mothers and families do not stay here....
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank humiliated m
Yellowheadinn, Manager at Yellowhead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Guest, Hi my name is Crystal I am the Revenue Manager
of the Yellowhead Inn and I am reaching out to you regarding your review I don't want any guest staying at the Yellowhead to not be dealt with in the hospitable way . I have brought your review to the General Manager and the Owners of the hotel and Mr. Cameron would like to speak with you directly as we are all very concerned how you were dealt with. I have emailed you with his direct phone number and hope that you will reach out to him as we want you to know that we defiantly stand behind our guests and want their experiences to be a pleasurable one and if not we need to fix this for you. Please contact Mr. Cameron so we can assist you with all of your concerns.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Had an excellent stay at the yellowhed. The staff was friendly and very well manared. The bar had great service. Trisha the bartender was very quik with my beer and knew the menu inside and out. She was able to tell me what was good to order and was bang on. Overall I jad a great experience with this hotel

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you return.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel has had a makeover lately including new management and staff. This has compleatly changed the hotel from what it used to be to a place worthy of anybody spending the night.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable; I had no problem sleeping there and at times, relaxing in the room.
One employee stands out in my mind for being exceptionally helpful and kind; he was influential in my stay being so memorable and really helped me feel like I was around family... his name is Tristan Tolley and I would advise anybody staying at the yellowhead inn to say hi to him.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody looking to stay in Edmonton, I will stay at the yellowhead inn again!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank BrittonsBestReviewer
Yellowheadinn, Manager at Yellowhead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and that your stay at the Yellowhead was memorable. We are very happy that Tristan was there to extend our customer service to you and yes thank you we have definitely been renovating so it is nice to see guests are really starting to take notice.

Again thank you very much and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My budfies and I stay and drink at the Yellowhead all the Time. We all work up north and come through Edmonton on shift change. We spend alot of money in the lounge where we are always treated well. We were hapoy to see the one girl was gone awhile back. She wasnt very good for the establishment, but Steve has always been good to us and now with Irene there ist a great place to be.

Its untortunate that the front end staff dont treat us very well, poobably because we are a bit rough around the edges but we are good guys and our money is just as good as the suit and tie guys.
The rooms are decent and housekeeping is alright.

Al.. Heavy equip operator.

Room Tip: Wear a suit..or true religion
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Yellowheadinn, Manager at Yellowhead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review and would like to thank you for your repeated stays with us. We definitely do not want to you to feel that our front desk staff is not treating you fairly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I will direct your concerns to our General Manager
at the hotel. Again thank you very much and we truly appreciate all of your business.

Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the yellowhead hotel last week because of a last min stay in edmonton. My wife saw the review below and didnt want to stsy there,but we agreed to stop in and see for ourselves because it was so convinient right on the yelliwhead hwy. We were greeted by friendly front desk staff and were informed that the stripper club has been closed for months, but there was a nice lounge with vlts and resturaunt etc. so we decided to stay. The stay was only two nights but we were given a nice room that they said was recently renovated and the lounge was nice. Nice atmospher, our age..lol..not a bunch of kids. My wife even made friends with Irene and Steve who were great. The service was great and Irene even sat down with us whenshe had a min and made us feel very welcome.
We will be back if we are in Edmonton again.
Thank you.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

We are happy you had a enjoyable stay while in Edmonton that your room absolutely met your
needs and that you enjoyed how the staff extended their hospitality to you.

We look forward to returning.

Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have been living at the Yellowhead Inn for 2 months while attending NAIT.......all of the people here have treated me wonderful. Rooms are very clean and the housekeeping stall has been wonderful. Gina has been an exceptional help......Im always spilling my ashtray or something and she has always been understanding. She has a perfect attitude for working with the public.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very happy that you are enjoying your stay with us
while you attend Nait and that our staff is showing you exceptional service. We look forward
to your continued stay at the Yellowhead Inn.

Revenue Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2014

we stayed on the 3 floor on the new side, the lady at front desk marge was very nice and got us into our room before check in, our maid Kim gave us extra towels and coffee since there was 4 of us, and even gave us directions to a local chili's, we were sad they took out the strip club but having subway in the building was great, a pool would be a good idea. Over all I had a Great experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Yellowheadinn, Manager at Yellowhead Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review and happy that our housekeeping gave you exceptional service. Subway is a nice add to our hotel and guests seem to really enjoy having it on location.
We look forward to having you return.