“Stay at YH INN” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
High Prairie, Canada
“Stay at YH INN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

we stayed on the 3 floor on the new side, the lady at front desk marge was very nice and got us into our room before check in, our maid Kim gave us extra towels and coffee since there was 4 of us, and even gave us directions to a local chili's, we were sad they took out the strip club but having subway in the building was great, a pool would be a good idea. Over all I had a Great experience.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Yellowheadinn, Manager at Yellowhead Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review and happy that our housekeeping gave you exceptional service. Subway is a nice add to our hotel and guests seem to really enjoy having it on location.

Crystal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have been staying at the Yellowhead Inn off and on now for many years.
This time around have been staying for three weeks.
Front desk is helpful and always happy to welcome me back.
Midge and all staff at the front end are super at making stays comfortable.
Also like to mention Gina in house keeping who makes an extra effort in providing great services.
Over all this property provides and meets all expectations to guests short or long term.

Thank you again to Midge at front desk and Gina housekeeping.
Keep up the wonderful service ladies.
Room #531
Regards,
Darin North

Room Tip: My recomendation is rooms that end with 30 31. The reason for this is the trains run directly behin...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Very nice to know that you received excellent service from
our staff as we value the feed back and appreciate that our guests see how important they are to us

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I come through Edmonton usually once a week for work. I usually stay at the flying J on the west end until someone was murdered there a while back. There are too many undesierables there now so two weeks ago I decided to stay at the Yellowhead hotel. It is clearly not a real truck stop but they do try to make a few ammenaties. There is no Dennys or such but there is a subway and another reasteraunt, just not open after midnight. One thing that kind of dissapointed me was that it wasnt until after i paid for a room that I was informed that there was a shower for truckers. So basically I paid 90.00 for a shower. Lol...But i spent time in the lounge played a few vlts and chatted with Irene. It was really busy and she was very good to everyone and shes not some 18yr old tart...
Overall the room was ok and Ill be back.

Room Tip: Make sure and ask all your question before you book. Ohh and ask for a renovated room.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I apologize that we do not have a 24hour restaurant. We are happy you enjoyed your room and that Irene from our lounge gave you excellent service.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

My friends and I stay at the yellowhead from time to time. We were in town the other night and the front desk said they were full so we sat in the lounge until about 11pm. Irene spoke to someone at front desk and we were abel to get a room. Thanks Irene. Very appreciated.

Room Tip: If you need food be sure to bring something with you. Everything here closes at 10-11 pm.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review I am very happy that Irene was able to find a room for you and
that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you return.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I recently stayed at the yellow head inn with my family, the rooms where very nice and clean, the front desk was very pleasing, quickly checking me in and did a great job answering any questions about the hotel or surrounding area. I had a great time in the lounge and the bartender there Tricia was amazing she was super friendly and welcoming. the service was quick. I had a blast and felt welcomed and right at home. Next time that I need a place to stay in Edmonton I will defiantly coming back to this hotel. Very reasonable price and awesome service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review we are very happy that Trisha gave you excellent service
We look forward to your return

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed at the yellowhead for business for a week in early March. the newly renovated rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. the hallways could use some work as they seem dated but it has a nice lobby. received amazing service from the staff, especially the manager jonas who went out of his way to make sure i was happy. also the bar staff in the lounge, very friendly and a nice place to sit and do some work (free wifi). did not much care for the resteraunt though, notably lower quality of service than the others and didn't much care for my meal, so i ate at subway. overall i had a good time and will be back.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and your room. We still have a few more renovations to get done but happy you have noticed the ones that have been done. The Restaurant is new and thank you for your review I will definately bring this comment to the restaurant as I know their food service and quality is good so I do apologize that you had a bad
meal.
Thank you again we look forward to having you return.

Grande Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was in Edmonton over the weekend for work and stayed at the Yelliwhead Hotel.
I wasnt overly impressed with my room. It was old and very dated with a stale smell. I couldnt even open a window for fresh air...
They are trying to update with renos but they dont seem to pass past the lobby.
If it wasnt for Subway and Irene in the lounge we would have spent our time across the street at the Casino. Just dont get hungry late because youll starve...
Why doesnt a hotel that says its a truck stop have a 24hr Dennys or something. Makes no sence.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Yellowheadinn, Manager at Yellowhead Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you we appreciate your review and will be bringing all of your concerns directly to our General Manager. We have renovated a large portion of the hotel and it is unfortunate you received
and older room however in the future please ask for one of the newly renovated rooms. We are
happy you had a chance to use our lounge and subway on site. Again we look forward to seeing
you in the future.