Ramada Edmonton Yellowhead NW
Union Bank Inn
$172
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewswest wingfront deskfree popcorntruck stoprenovated roomliquor storeparking lotawesome staynice roomgreat place to stayenjoyed my stayrooms are cleanhome away from homecostcohousekeeperloungehousekeeping
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

K so stayed here a year ago. Some stuff renovated but the room I stayed in wasn't this time room was renovated. Awesome has two queen beds super comfy. Had a microwave and fridge everything was new. Great bathroom adjustable shower head. Cool t

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Lynoliker
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in June 2013. We hadn't made any reservations and were traveling with our large dog. We were able to get a room when we walked in. The building was going through some renovations which I don't mind because it means they are at least trying to improve. The room was very large which was nice to accommodate 2 adults and a 130 lb dog. The room was fairly dated in decor, but again, I tend to overlook that as long as I can bring in my dog. We used a side entry/service door that I don't think was ever locked, so I am not confident that the building is completely secure from non-users without an entry key. The staff at the counter were friendly. Overall, it fit our purposes on short notice, but not somewhere I would take my grandparents.

Room Tip: I think that all pets were put in 1 part of the hotel which I like, because non-pet users shouldn't be bothered by barking dogs or other pet issues.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here March 28-31/13. It was in the part of town we wanted, close to a major casino, on a major highway route, easy to get places from there. They have also done alot of renovations to the place making it look much better than it used to - the lobby is now quite nice and the rooms aren't bad. There the compliments end. The standard of cleaning in the rooms is absolutely atrocious - hairs in the bathroom and it really didn't look like the place had been vacuumed. We left a note and a tip for the maid asking her specifically to vacuum and clean the bathroom - which she did - that day.... The next day when we came back to the room, there was no soap or bathmat in the bathroom, and only one bath towel. When we called down to the front desk we were told there was no one to bring these things to our room until "his guy" came on shift in about an hour. Should also mention that the front desk service is some of the slowest I have ever seen - totally disorganized.

In summary - not a bad LOOKING hotel but grubby dirty with lousy service. You can do better for this price in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Hi everyone. Checked in at 2330 hrs on a Friday night, so finding another hotel would be difficult. We settled for the Yellowhead inn based on availability and price ($99 for two nights+$50 deposit). The first room we were checked into was not cleaned: found beer cans, beds were unmade.

We were given another room across the hall which was 30 plus degrees making it very hard to sleep, especially traveling with a dog who couldn't cool herself down. There was a blood stain on the sheet, covered by my pillow. Found cigarette butts and beer bottle caps on the floor. The bathroom garbage was full. The floors were nasty, the TV was fuzzy. We didn't get any sleep that night and had a vball tourney to go to early in the morning.

We returned at 1700 hrs already making the decision to check out and find another room. We gathered all our belongings, packed the car, and checked out. Hotel clerk gave us a corporate rate and returned $60 to me. Then I realized that we were supposed to get $160 in return. I went back to the hotel clerk and had to argument with him in front of others in line to check in. I had to ask him for his name, and wanted to talk to his manager. He then grabbed my receipt and gave us a full return of $249.

It may be hard to believe that I am making all this up. Luckily we found another room for Saturday night and are stress free.

Room Tip: Make sure AC works in your room. Check everything.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here in Feb. 2013 - the lobby area was undergoing renovations but who cares when the rooms are clean and the staff friendly. The location right off the main highway is so handy, plus it's very easy to get to major attractions like the Science Centre and West Edmonton Mall. If you're looking for a clean, safe, affordable place to stay in Edmonton, check this out.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family