“Dirtiest hotel.”
Review of Yellowhead Inn

Yellowhead Inn
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I bought two deal vouchers for $50 a night stays in the loft rooms and had to change rooms once because the heater was falling apart and it looked as though they had not vacummned the room in months. The next room was no better. Heater did not work at all, constant drip of tap in kitchen, unidentified crust stuff on bathroom floor,dirty floors and toilets etc...Very,very dirty. Front desk staff was very nice and the best thing about the stay but would not recommend this hotel at all, even with a deal.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank wr0s

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Yellowhead Inn is cheap. Which to me means that the furnishings would probably be dated, the hotel a little worn out, but doable.

The truth is this is a complete hole and awful in every possible way.
I booked my room a week in advance. When we arrived they didn't have the reservation. The front counter guy assured me that they had room, and then put me in the "renovated" area at a higher price then what I booked. I argued with him as it was a substancial difference so he gave me a different room at the proper rate. I asked if he could look up my reservation code to make sure I wasn't charged and he blew me off. Later I talked to someone else at the desk and they looked up the reservation, they had booked it for a week earlier.. wow. I had a friend arriving later that had also booked a room and told him to call and make sure they had his reservation. Good thing as they were about to give the room away.

The room was hot. Like Sauna hot. When we complained they said they couldn't move us and would send someone up. He fiddled with the dials and pretty much did nothing. If the paper thin pillows and scratchy sheets weren't enough for a lousy nights sleep, the heat guaranteed it. By the next night the temps had dropped to "hot summer Alberta day" from "August in Mexico" so it was a bit more tolerable, or maybe we just got used to it.

Everything about the hotel from the horrible rooms to the poor service to the sketchy clientelle is bad. Bad bad bad bad bad. Did I mention bad?

Room Tip: Book anywhere else
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CalJay
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights on 6th flr. Room was big but needs updating. Cleaning staff removed my suitcase, food and drinks from fridge as they thought I had checked out! Noisy hallway, large dog barking & howling every night and someone pulled the fire alarm. No microwave or alarm clock. TV on the flr. Sleazy people/hookers hanging around lobby. If you want a good nights rest....DON'T stay here, let alone bring your family here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Curtis B
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Too many weird people allowed in: drug dealers dealing at the lobby. I was in shock when i was going up to my room i was asked by 3 ppl. Also the fact there is a low end night club in it .. Wow is the word: hookers everywhere. I wish i knew ahead if time. I wouldnt book on the phone till i check the place out. Also, customer service at ftont desk was very excellent but people are weird and dangerously looking. I was not feeling safe at all

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank QualityMatter
Reviewed September 2, 2012

we reserved a room online with a queen bed for $75 when we got there we got a room with two double beds and paid $100 a night. there was hair in the bed as they did not change the sheets from the last people in the room and when asked to change them i marked and x on the sheets so i would know they were changed and again they just came in and made the bed back up with the dirty sheets. the bathroom was dirty toilet, bath tub... there was cigarette butts in the bathroom and all over the room. the manager also was telling people they had no smoking rooms and single rooms until they would start walking away then say OK ya we have rooms to try to get them to pay for more expensive rooms. i would NEVER suggest this hotel you can stay at a way nicer hotel like super 8, Ramada, best western etc for the same price to a little more expensive but they are clean and tend to have staff that are polite. the only decent part of the hotel is the restaurant it was good prices and pretty good food. they have adult entertainment right there which i was excited about not having to travel far to have fun but as the hotel it is really run down and dirty really dirty they don't even have a ladies bathroom in the bar.

Room Tip: go to any other hotel this one sucks all around really nothing good to say and we were on the 5th fl...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NikkileaB
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed one night because location was good but really wished we didn't. Brought back unwanted guest home from our trip there. When I phoned the hotel and asked if they had a problem with bed bugs all she said was a little while ago and didn't elaborate.

• Stayed: March 2012
10  Thank Medlabtech12
Reviewed February 26, 2012

OMG!... This is definitely the worst Motel I've ever seen. I can't figure out how this place had so many good reviews. After I read them I decided to try it.

As soon as you enter, the stench is unbearable!

Then I thought that we may get used to it after a while, but every area smells worse than the other! I just can't say what it was. Inside the elevators, a really overpowering lemon smell. Then back out in the hall way, another different smell, then finally in the "non smoking"room worse yet. It was just me and my daughter. She wanted to go to buy some room deodorizer. I realized that there was no way we could even spend one night in there. We just had no choice but to leave even if we had already paid $75 for the night. We went to the Ramada only 5 minutes away. They charged us $115. It was a good place, but then even a Super 8 would be fantastic in comparison.

The room was quite large, with a staircase to the loft where there is a double bed hard as a rock.

The decor is very dated and the carpet and furnishings are very old. There is an old sofabed in the living room, but didn't dare open it up.

The service at the counter was very friendly and efficient.

The Location is great and there is lots of parking for many semitrailers, being a trucking joint and all.

It's hard to describe how bad it was, I still can't believe it, please stay away!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family