“Exceptional Service/Unique Atmosphere”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 105 and 106 St.
Transit: On many Jasper Avenue routes.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Exceptional Service/Unique Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I booked this place to celebrate a girls weekend bachelorette party. It was the perfect choice. We were seated along a long communal table with a nice view of the entire place. They made the best Manhattan I've ever tasted. When I made the reservation I stated I was vegan and they gladly created a dish specifically for me. Was so impressed by the meal, that I ate it before I could take a picture. I really appreciated of how they accommodated all of us and our our meals came out fantastic. Great way to start the evening before we headed out for the rest of our evening.

• Visited May 2014

Edmonton, Canada
“Great place for a business lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Met some colleagues here for lunch and found it just perfect. The food was excellent, service attentive and they got us out in time. Nice that they take reservations too.

Visited April 2014
Burnaby, Canada
“Unique Edmonton Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband booked a table at MRKT , so we were totally surprised when we found out we were to be seated at the long communal table! But in the end this turned out to be a good thing as we spoke to interesting and fun people ,all here to enjoy themselves with like minded foodies and overall nice dudes all around (no need to fear the initial fear!).
We enjoyed the presentation of the food ,Fondue Cheese was sublime ,thoroughly enjoyable . Main course of beef and sweet potato mash with coleslaw not as good as I expected though .And the french wine by the glass I requested that was advertised not available .Service was a great balance of professional and down to earth ,which we really enjoyed !
Went back a few days later for the beef sandwich to take out ,and it was one of the best food items i'd tasted in Edmonton ,loved the packed chips in the bag too,
so much style and effort ,you won't regret the walk up the stairs ,.a great find in Edmonton.

• Visited February 2014
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyed appetizers and drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Mrkt is a small restaurant on Jasper Avenue. It has both individual tables as well as a long shared table. I have been for both lunch and dinner and have enjoyed both. I have not had a bad meal there. In particular the time I am reviewing I enjoyed appetizers and drinks with friends. We enjoyed sharing the melty cheese, which was super yummy with bread, cheese fondue, smoked salmon, red onions and large capers. Although a little pricier ($22 I recall), it was great as an appetizer for two. Also, as someone who doesn't currently drink alcohol, I really appreciated the non-alcoholic beverages on the menu. They were creative and something different from the "juice or pop" options at most other restaurants. I will be back again and again, I'm sure. Tip: if you want a table to yourself, either come early or make a reservation.

• Visited April 2013
Montreal
“Simply perrrrfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

2nd visit with fellow crew members. Once again it was a hit. Everything was up to expectations and delicious. Not one bad comment.

• Visited July 2013