“Enjoyed appetizers and drinks”
Review of Mrkt

Mrkt
Ranked #539 of 2,476 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 105 and 106 St.
Transit: On many Jasper Avenue routes.
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyed appetizers and drinks”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Mrkt is a small restaurant on Jasper Avenue. It has both individual tables as well as a long shared table. I have been for both lunch and dinner and have enjoyed both. I have not had a bad meal there. In particular the time I am reviewing I enjoyed appetizers and drinks with friends. We enjoyed sharing the melty cheese, which was super yummy with bread, cheese fondue, smoked salmon, red onions and large capers. Although a little pricier ($22 I recall), it was great as an appetizer for two. Also, as someone who doesn't currently drink alcohol, I really appreciated the non-alcoholic beverages on the menu. They were creative and something different from the "juice or pop" options at most other restaurants. I will be back again and again, I'm sure. Tip: if you want a table to yourself, either come early or make a reservation.

• Visited April 2013

Montreal
“Simply perrrrfect”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

2nd visit with fellow crew members. Once again it was a hit. Everything was up to expectations and delicious. Not one bad comment.

• Visited July 2013
Wetaskiwin, Canada
“A different, but very positive Restaurant experience”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a delightful evening meal at MRKT Restaurant and loved the food and service. The style of the restaurant is quite different and maybe a little bit unusual. Many food items can be shared, which enables a wider choice. This was a really good experience - we shall go back!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Swiss_Canadian499115
Alberta
“A great palce for a healthy Lunch”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Food was excellent and tasty. Very crowded at lunch. Sandwich was exceptional and everyone at my table raved about their meal. Great informal place for a quick snack or lunch. I s a wine bar at night.

Visited January 2013
Richmond, Canada
“The Best Lunch I Have Had in Quite a While”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

If you are in downtown Edmonton you won't want to miss this soup and sandwich bit of heaven. I can't say enough about how fresh the ingredients were and how the food was made so tasty without resorting to mayo or butter. I will be back.

Visited November 2012