“A nice change from the usual”
Review of Soda Jerks - CLOSED

Soda Jerks
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Place LaRue
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I recently tried this burger restaurant for the first time with some work colleagues. We went there as a change from the usual suspects (Earls, Rest Robin etc.) and found it great. It has a nice casual feel about it and the waitress was great (fun, without being too over the top). The food itself was excellent; the burgers are large and tasty. They have a vast selection of pop, but I had a milk shake which was delicious.
This place is definitely worth a try for lunch or casual supper.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had a great time at Soda Jerks! It is a really interesting concept - mixing a retro diner with a modern decor and we really liked the vibe of the place. In particular, we loved the huge menu of old-fashioned soda pops that I remember drinking as a kid as well as floats and milkshakes. You can then make all those yummy things "adult" by adding a choice from a huge menu of flavored liquors. The choice is overwhelming!! I highly recommend the Dad's blue cream with vanilla vodka. Yum!

We had the fried pickles to start (so tasty!!) and then we both made our own burgers with onion rings for a side. Absolutely delicious! I loved the amazing choice of toppings (including chocolate covered bacon, potato chips and perogies...) Next time I'd like to try the hand-cut fries, as they looked really tasty going by. I feel like I'm going to have to keep going back just to try the hundreds of combinations of sodas, liquors and food. We're also curious to try the nachos made with Doritos...

All in all, we thought Soda Jerks was a great place - great food, fun menu, good service and nice atmosphere. Yes it is more expensive than other burger joints (aka fast food places) but the food is higher quality. I'd say this place is comparable to Delux Burger Bar, but we enjoyed Soda Jerks more. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

There was an interesting choice of soft drink selections - Pop Shoppe was popular back when I was younger. They had a wide variety of burger selections, including make your own,

This the first time I have seen chocolote covered bacon served.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We'd heard about this restaurant from some friends and decided to try it for ourselves.

Overall, it was an alright experience. The place certainly has ambiance and atmosphere. We'd agree with another reviewer that the background music could get a little loud. The novelty of picking so many flavours of soda also was interesting and fun too.

The one thing that didn't appeal to us so much was the food and with it, the price. Although it was quite tasty, it seemed a bit too greasy and heavy for our tastes. Some of the menu selections seemed a bit too eccentric for our tastes as well (peanut butter and jam hamburger?!?).

In our view, there are other places that can give you better food with a less costly price tag.

It was nice to try once, but we probably won't be making a return trip anytime soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Don't go to Soda Jerks if you don't appreciate going to a higher end restaurant and paying a few bucks for a high-end burger. They're famous for their burgers, and rightfully so, as they're absolutely delicious.

If I had to find fault with this restaurant it would probably be that the price is definitely on the high end compared to what you get. The drinks come in the old-style soda bottles, but thankfully you get free refills, albeit the refills are fountain pop, which can be pretty hit or miss.

Great place to go for a very delicious burger. I'll be back for sure.