“Happily surprised!”

Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have to admit that we went to this place twice in the past and unfortunately it was closed.
Just recently a friend reminded me about Lan's.
Didn't think it would be busy for a Wednesday night so we went after work.
Half the restaurant was reserved and other half was getting full shortly after 6pm.
Seated fast, friendly server.
Pad thai had a kick even at mild. Gluten free. Good flavor!
Beef vermecelli bowl with spring rolls was fresh and yummy.
We will be back to try more dishes!
Reasonable prices, good service.
Steady line up as we left.

1  Thank redlimelily

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I came here for the first time because of the location, close to NAIT and downtown. I was definitely impressed! I have been back numerous times. Not only because of the great eats, but also for the incredible service by the staff! Everyone is always so welcoming and friendly. Tom and his staff always make my day! (Tom is also a major BABE.) I have never been to a restaurant as friendly and welcoming as this one, where you are actually remembered by name! Eating at Lan's is the bomb. The curry is the bomb, the Pad Thai is the bomb, the spring rolls are the bomb, the avocado smoothies are the bomb. Everything is daaaa bomb. Eat here and you will be fat and happy.

3  Thank B L
Reviewed September 17, 2013

While staying in Edmonton overnight, we used Trip Adviser to pick a good Asian restaurant in the downtown. Lan's had a great rating, and we decided to try it. The host was very friendly, and very helpful!!! The homemade iced Jasmine tea was superb, and the green curry was one of the best Thai dishes I have eaten!!!!! Our only regret is that we live too far away to be regular customers, but I will be sure to go back when I am in Edmonton!

2  Thank Jetter66
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love Asian cuisine and my friend has been telling me about this restaurant for a while so we finally got around to going out for supper together. What a fun experience. Tom, the owner, is hilarious and provides excellent customer service. The spring rolls were really good. And the price was excellent for what you receive. They definitely need some extra hands to help out around the restaurant so you probably shouldn't be in a huge rush (or at least let them know if you are) when you go.

4  Thank CharCharBinks
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stopped by for a quick dinner on the way out of town. Very friendly owners, went through the heat ratings and we decided together a .5 was enough. I had the Pad Thai - good, spicy, hot. Hubby had the Tom Yum friend rice, which, although he wasn't hungry when we arrived, managed to eat all of his meal + some spring rolls that we felt we really should try from the outstanding reviews. Meal was inexpensive and arrived very quickly.
Food was good and fresh, service great, don't know that I would drive across town for it.

1  Thank ClaireEdmonton