“Bad Owners, Worse Managers”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #1,442 of 2,516 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Quarter Chicken Disaster -
....DO NOT EAT HERE!!!.... I have seldom, if ever, eaten a worse meal .. and I should not of eaten as much of it as I did ... was hungry, tired and late so ate what I considered safe but paid the price all nite long. The service was worse than the food ....if that is possible.
The chicken was under cooked to the point it stuck to the bone and was pink near the bone.... I smashed my baked potato with out cutting it and bit into dirty tasting, powder dry garbage... my friend cut it down the center and one half was black from being old. The waitress pretended she was not the manager and owner and said she could do nothing.. infact she was the manager and wife of the owner ... My coffee never came ... they put a glass of water on the edge of the table and when it fell off and broke brought us paper towel to clean it up ..... No exchanges were allowed.... The waitress/manager/owner did warn us that the chicken pces were smaller than usual and they were half the size of what is usually served by Swiss Chalets world wide .. she was honest about that.
This restaurant is a health risk! The owner and his wife should be charged with fraud ... they operate on the premise that most of us Canadians will not complain about anything ... but the empty tables were testimony that they just do not return. I eat a lot Swiss Chalet franchises and love the one on 97 street and 132 ave.. Sure over the years they have missed orders and made mistakes but have always fixed things up.
Do not eat at the Mill Woods Swiss Chalet .. uncooked chicken rotten potatoes ...drive a little further for your health's sake.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A new Swiss Chalet opened in Edmonton near Manning Crossing . We have been there on a few occasions and the inviting, friendly and excellent service was the best we have had consistently. We used to frequent a Swiss Chalet on 132 ave and 97 street in Edmonton,but uncleanliness, rushed and unfriendly service turned us away from Swiss Chalet for a few years. When we tried out the new one on Manning Crossing we were amazed at the up scaled difference.

2  Thank Debby G
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I LOVED that Swiss Chalet delivered our meal right to our room. We were very very tired and all just wanted to shower and go to bed. Even though they are just outside in the parking lot they delivered to our room quickly. awesome!