“wonderful comfort food”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I first started going to Bistro Praha back in about 1980 and I loved it back then. I was surprised and delighted to find it was still in operation on a recent trip back to Edmonton. Only the locatoin has changed since 1980...the food is still great. My favorite on the menu is pork hocks with sauerkraut and bread dumplings...real comfort food for me. The desserts are fabulous too. We had the strawberry crepe (without liqueur) and they were divine. It probably helped that strawberries were in season. Our waiter was great...attentive without being intrusive...he made great recommendations and generally took very good care of us.

There are newer reviews for Bistro Praha

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I asked my Czech friend if this place was any good. He said it's nothing special. After I had lunch there, I felt the same way. Food was ok and the service was alright too. I just didn't think it was amazing.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by my dining experience at Bistro Praha. I feared the menu wouldn't have anything to my taste but I was dead wrong! I ordered the ghoulash and got a large bowl of steaming hot, well-seasoned cubed meat in a velvety sauce with three delicate "dumplings" on the side. My mom asked for the sole with pan-fried potatoes and salad. It was tasty, light and not at all greasy. The staff were friendly and approachable and the ambience was classy yet warm--not at all intimidating. The only drawback was that the portions were so large we didn't have any room left for their delectable-looking desserts! Next time apple streudel, next time!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our friends recommended this restaurant in Edmonton.
Fortunately, we got window seating and we enjoyed the location.
The menu offers so much variety that it is difficult to choose.
We tried the schnitzel and the sole main courses.
They were delicious and the wine selection too.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been patronizing the Bistro for decades...and although we no longer reside in Edmonton, and am happy to find the same lovely comfort food we have come to enjoy. I love the new spot--and glad most of the menu remains the same. They are do have delish steak tartare and where can you get a GOOD bottle of wine for $50 bucks and champagne for $66? Like a dream come true. Good food, good service, well priced and nice atmosphere. Guess that is why the place is always packed.

1  Thank Canukgal