“My first time eating Goose - Yum!”
Review of Bistro Praha

Bistro Praha
Ranked #37 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I ordered the Roasted Goose with bread dumplings and sauerkraut and I ate every bit on my plate. The tomato and onion salad that I thought would be boring turned out to be so tasty, even the onions were pleasant. I didn't think I would be impressed with such simple ingredients for a salad but I really enjoyed how refreshing it was.

The waitress gave great service, even though she had several other tables to tend to. I was eating alone and she was thoughtful in offering a magazine for me to read while I waited for the food to arrive. She did a good job of explaining what some of the menu items I asked about were, like Goulash and Schnitzel.

If I find myself in Edmonton again, I would come back.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

There is a refreshing difference at Bistro Praha. While other restaurants feel a constant need to 'update' furnishings, the feel here is classic and timeless. It had been years since I had been at their previous location, but it felt as comfortable as ever. The menu is also a pleasant change - my husband was happy with his very generous serving of roast chicken - but there are few places where I could indulge in smoked pork hocks and sauerkraut! We arrived early for dinner, and lingered over wine, coffee and then dessert crepes (very good!). Service was nicely paced and attentive without hovering.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We arrived and were seated promptly, but the waitress (young blonde girl) did not come back to take our order for over 20 minutes. The place wasnt even full. When she finally did, she didn't even apologize. Our food came fast but we usually like to sip our beers for a few minutes before our food arrives but we basically got both at the same time. Oh and forget paying the bill...that was another 40 minutes. I finally made eye contact with a different waiter. I hadn't even seen her helping anyone anymore. He yelled at her and we finally got out of there. It was well over 2 hours which would have been ok, but the meal was rushed in between two extended periods of being COMPLETELY ignored.

We really wished that this was a good experience cause the food and atmosphere was lovely.

1  Thank Katie B
Reviewed March 20, 2013

It gets busy during the weekday lunch hour so reservation might be a good idea. The food here is very good. The service was okay...but could use a little tweaking. Wine list is pretty good. The must try on the menu is the Steak Tartare....thumbs up!
This establishment is highly recommended!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

downtown Edmonton but inauspicious because of surrounding construction, this place has been around for years. Central European food - pork hock, schnitzel, pilsner, fresh greens, goose - excellent service. Loved it!